• Home
  • Search
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

      Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Getting married in Hangzhou..what documents and assorted crap do I need?  (Read 6224 times)


  • Barfly
  • *
  • Posts: 341
Same rules all over China:

CNI (Certificate of No Impediment).  This doesn't preclude stutterers from getting married. It means that your embassy has to give you an expensive bit of paper to prove that you are either single or divorced.  I have heard of single guys avoiding this paperwork, but that was some years back.  If divorced, then your embassy needs to see your divorce certificate before they overcharge you for the bit of paper.


Wife's hukou.

Some photographs of the two of you together(decent, respectable, like passport pictures - all the photo shops know what you need).

A little bit of cash.

Bingo - live happily ever after.  Congratulations!!