Bin Laden be Dead

• 111 replies

piglet

• Piglet's House
Re: Bin Laden be Dead
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2011, 01:47:04 AM »
Far from it mate I have nothing against Arabs as a whole and indeed,as the saying goes" some of my best friends... etc " (true!)My son was at a TED event in Ramallah last week and was sitting tweeting to me from there with his hi-techy lovely Palestinian and Jordanian friends who are all lovely modern upstanding people and so forth.
But it is the Fundamentalist loonies on both sides who piss me off mightily (not to say scare me to death pretty often over here) but the loonies of the Christian variety don't tend to slaughter the others nowadays off their own bat (and don't say Torquemada again). It is not written into their creed that in order to get complete salvation etc etc they have to blow up heathens. And they really believe that,it's not a metaphor or anything.Fortunately there aren't any other religions out there right now which feel they have to forcibly convert others or they will be damned. The Christians AFAIK do it rather politely, the Buddhist certainly, no clue about all the smaller ones,Jews postively discourage new members from joining up and give them a hell's own job to be let in.
It's the whole idea of "my religion is the right one and the rest of you are damned" which I can't stand.(seeing as they are all bunk in my book)

"So Piglet, I'm happy to take you on in a hatred of Islam pissing contest any time you like, but I have a question. Do you think that Arabs, because of their culture, religion, history, actions and beliefs are basically 'less' than what what you seem to perceive as civilised people? "

For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2011, 02:44:21 AM »
Ben Dan I think you are disregarding the fact that the US did not and does not kill people just because they are Muslims and want to make them Christian.

Of course American didn't go to war to convert Muslims to Christianity. Are you saying that Al Qaeda attacked America on 9/11 just because most Americans aren't Muslims and they wanted to convert us?!

I was comparing bin Laden and Bush as war criminals, and pointing out the irony that Bush is not even, as Chomsky put it, a "suspect," despite killing more than 100,000 Iraqis in a war the Secretary-General of the UN called "illegal". Their motives and ideologies are important, but not as important as their actions and the result of their actions.

Another way to put it is that Osama had no justification for killing 3,000 Americans, and Bush had no justification for killing somewhere between 100,000 and a million Iraqis. Both of them had reasons or excuses, but neither claimed it was primarily for religious reasons.

They are both mass murderers.

At this point I think some of us are just circling each other making the same arguments over and over, and we're not going to come to any agreement.

I propose we agree to disagree.

cheers  agagagagag

suddenly it become more of a statement to NOT have a tattoo…

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2011, 03:19:24 AM »
Fine and it's your round  ahahahahah agagagagag
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2011, 03:57:09 PM »
Heard a funny joke about a week after this happened. Next time you are in a bar (English speaking that is) ask for a Bin Laden. When the bartender gives you a puzzled look and asks, "What's that?" there is a simple reply. Just give him a wink and say, "Two shots and a splash."

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »
Heard a funny joke about a week after this happened. Next time you are in a bar (English speaking that is) ask for a Bin Laden. When the bartender gives you a puzzled look and asks, "What's that?" there is a simple reply. Just give him a wink and say, "Two shots and a splash."

LMFAO!
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2011, 06:10:57 PM »
A taxi driver here in Shandong province told me the other day that Bin Laden is his hero  aoaoaoaoao

fox

« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »
in my opinion there is nothing wrong with any of the world religions. they all come from the same source. All of their books encourage a life full of respect and appreciation for the diversity of belief. Its the followers of these religions that whip up sentiments of an ill nature and lead the 'sheep like' followers into wrong doings. Most people dont actually take responsibility for their beliefs - they tend to cherry pick the good bits and turn a blind eye to the other obligations and some just follow a belief because their parents do. How daft, blind and non thinking is that!. If they truly had a 'search for the truth' attitude then they will see their belief for what it is and try to live that life and not only abhor the extremists in their faith but work to educating them to the true exhortations of the founder of their religion.

I lived in israel in my early twenties for a while and experienced the hatred towards certain groups by fundamentalists. A sad thing indeed. Then in 1984 i experienced a gun battle at the negev desert in the south of israel. saw the hatred in the faces of the army towards the palestinians. years later it seems not a lot has changed. But then the world has become more global in its mentality. I was talking to a guy in the city who runs a factory. he told me many companies are now moving to vietman as its getting uneconomical to set up shop in China. so we now have chinese companies manufacturing in Vietnam to appease the chinese market. Man! how quick things change. in a few decades we can see in china a move from poverty to boom to struggling. compare that to my country the uk where the manufacturing age spawned in the mid 1800's had its heyday and was around the 1980's where its muscles seemed to weaken. thats a big difference from a mere few decades seen here.

my waffle halts as coffee is required - and a smoke.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.