New Channel Beijing.

• 4 replies

james

New Channel Beijing.
« on: July 15, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »
Does anyone have any information on a

New Channel Beijing

or a Mr. Stephen Tekani Miringaorangi

I have there website however, due to my lack of language skills leave some holes.  But here it is:

www.newchannel.org

Thanks for all the help
JP

Vegemite

Re: New Channel Beijing.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 05:20:29 AM »
Never heard of either, but guessing from the name - the guy has to be a NZer. But if the 'r' is a typo in the name, he's Fijian, I think. Have you googled him?

james

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 08:33:59 AM »
I googled him and got nothing of substance.  I am not sure what that means. 

I did google the school and found some stuff, however, I am not sure if it should lead me to trust them.  What I found was a lot of links to test prep company's in the states (Kaplan, Princeton review...etc.)  Also, adds at www.cityweekend.com/ Beijing.  The other thing which I though legitimizes this outfit was it being listed for the Beijing international education fair

http://www.edufair.com.cn/en/list_06.asp

So with all the rambling done, my question is this: are these signs that the school is legitimate or something any school ready to turn me in to slave labor can do?

Thanks again for all the help
jp

PS is there a way to spell check posts?

AMonk

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 09:16:10 AM »

PS is there a way to spell check posts?

Yes.  Over here we call him "George"....except that's he's on vacation, right now. ahahahahah
Moderation....in most things...

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 08:55:48 PM »
Nobody loves bashing the ever-bashable George more than I do...but this is an on-topic area please. hhhhhhhhhh
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)