Tv

• 460 replies
Re: Tv
« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2018, 12:42:20 PM »
Calach thanks for the info. Yes, I do have very limited data . bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2018, 08:36:10 PM »
https://www.whistleout.com.au/Broadband/Guides/best-australian-internet-plans

As ridiculous as it sounds, internet in Australia is one of the things I worry about as a relocation issue...

Alternatively, with the both regulatory environment and what keeps on looking like monopoly pricing (but maybe technically isn't), well, could be that moving to a first world country is a good way to quit my internet habit.

when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

old34

« Reply #422 on: August 20, 2018, 10:51:38 AM »
Check out "Iris", a Korean political drama currently on Netflix. (English subtitles).
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2018, 02:13:22 PM »
Pump Up the Bhangra: the Sound of Asian Britain

A succinct history with a killer soundtrack

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #424 on: September 01, 2018, 02:05:09 AM »
Check out "Iris", a Korean political drama currently on Netflix. (English subtitles).

I did check this one out. I feel like I should like it more since it is one of the famous dramas, but... .¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

« Reply #425 on: September 01, 2018, 11:03:31 PM »
My Mister (2018)

Re-watched this ^^^.  It has a crappy title but it's a helluva drama.

무지개는 있다 (Band Ver.) -  빈센트 블루 (Vincent Blue)

« Reply #426 on: September 04, 2018, 05:38:19 PM »
There's some kind of in-joke in zombie shows these days: the dead walk, the living drive cars? How is this any kind of sustainable future? These days I watch fear the Walking Dead and I keep asking the screen, why is no one riding a bicycle? They insist so much on this kind of transport, they *walk* to find fuel. No wonder everyone keeps insisting the world has ended and there's no going back.

« Reply #427 on: September 18, 2018, 07:08:49 PM »
I need some next-level korean drama. I feel like I've seen all of what kdrama can do up to now and the current dramas are more of the same. They better level up or I'll have to go back to reading books.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #428 on: September 21, 2018, 04:36:10 PM »
Finally got hold of seasons 7 and 8 of The Walking Dead.

Finished Season 7 and just started season 8.

I firmly believe heroes need a good enough villain to make the story really interesting.  Negan outdoes all the prior villains put together.  The only other one in the whole series who could even make it into the competition was The Governor.  Where Negan stands out is that he's not just there to be evil, but is there to enjoy every second of being evil.  That's the hallmark of a true super-villain.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2018, 02:13:30 PM »
Dream High - 드림하이 - (2011)

Like "Fame" but Korean with 16-year-olds and a very cold sound stage

« Reply #430 on: October 02, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »
Master's Sun - 주군의 태양 - (2013)

Imperfect. Enjoyable anyway because the principals are sprightly.
First several episodes have tiresome ghost-of-the-week subplots eventually ditched in favour of the more compelling longer form story.

« Reply #431 on: October 07, 2018, 07:35:58 PM »
James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction - (2018)

6-part AMC cheapola scifi crapfest.

Should have been good, but just incredibly cheap instead. Does have James Cameron, Ridley Scott, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Christopher Nolan, Guillermo del Toro and totally wastes their time and ours with entirely superficial adver-interviews. And then does the same with a bunch of the semi-famous, like nk jemisin and Nnedi Okorafor. If this tv series does have any draw, it'd be the many (short) clips from the many films and the brief mentions of famous books. Otherwise: sucked.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #432 on: October 31, 2018, 03:19:05 PM »
Ash vs. Evil Dead

Finally got to see seasons 2 and 3.  Rude, crude, socially unacceptable, and darkly hilarious. agagagagag

The only sad note - Bruce Campbell has announced that he's retiring Ash permanently. ananananan  Too bad - the final part of the last episode laid the perfect groundwork for a new season or else a movie.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #433 on: November 24, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
Blackpink House (2018)

« Reply #434 on: February 10, 2019, 04:11:00 PM »
True Detective (2019)

Nothing beats season 1. But 3 is better than 2.

Blood - Algiers