Tv

• 460 replies
Re: Tv
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2017, 09:41:03 PM »
人民的名义 aka In the Name of [The] People

55 episodes of this exist.... and it's some kind of runaway hit for Hunan TV... and I don't know the broadcast schedule but I believe the finale for the first (55 episode) season aired recently.

And there're no subs!!

There are subbed youtube versions for the first 4 or 5 episodes (which is a crappy way to watch tv if you could otherwise have 1080p hd video of your own) and maybe a cc file for the first episode (haven't tried it yet), but that's it.

No one's translating.  llllllllll

BBC blog: China laps up glossy TV corruption drama
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #346 on: May 16, 2017, 04:19:27 PM »
American Gods

I can't tell if this show is all flash or if there is some substance to it. I'm reading the book at the same time and it feels like the book is better while the show is lots of colour and movement (and at least one erect penis per episode). Maybe reading the book is undermining the show experience.

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #347 on: May 16, 2017, 07:47:28 PM »
Is the penis on the TV screen?  mmmmmmmmmm
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #348 on: May 17, 2017, 12:28:55 AM »
ah haha
ha ha
ha
hm

No.

The penis is not on the tv screen.

But it is in the tv show. 

Quite often.

« Reply #349 on: May 17, 2017, 12:30:19 AM »
ahem.

it is a feature of the tv show

that there are erect penises

on the screen

in the show

as a feature

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #350 on: May 17, 2017, 04:30:28 PM »
So as a feature, you place it on the screen and insert it into the show.  Is there a special indicator for when you should utilize this feature, or do you do it whenever something . . . pops up? ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #351 on: May 17, 2017, 06:15:06 PM »
Perhaps I shall put it this way....

if anyone should wish to observe one or more erect penises, both framed as photographs and as they occur supernaturally induced, influenced and otherwise aroused, then turn off that Game of Thrones Titty Fest and take a look at what's saluting the stars on Starz presents Neil Gaiman's American Gods.

« Reply #352 on: May 23, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »
If one is holding on with American Gods wondering whether or not to keep going, hold on until episode 4, Git Gone.

Meanwhile...

« Reply #353 on: May 23, 2017, 04:10:25 PM »

« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2017, 12:31:44 AM »
Twin Peaks (2017)

Season 3.... generalised spoilers, I guess.

Watch out below.

Thus far:

Exceptionally tiresome outros. Bugs me every time. That'll probably continue for the whole season unfortunately. But the lengthy, time-wasting, not very informative wiling away of the hour on lengthy stays with boring characters seems finished by episode 4. Goodness, the first three eps included some tedious stretches, I was wondering if I hadn't been had. The intensity wasn't there. But then along comes episode 4. Worth it. By episode 3 I was wondering if I'd keep watching. With episode 4, I'm looking forward to 5.

General observation: age is interesting in this show. Everyone (and their actor) is literally 25 years older. It really, really works for Dale and his story. Not sure about everyone else.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #355 on: May 29, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »
Thanks for the Spoiler Alert.  Skipped everything after that.

I read that some sort of 25 year followup was a possibility, but missed out that they reactivated the series.  I need to find out when Season 3 is complete and keep an eye out for it at the video pirates.

I wonder what America's sexiest dead girl looks like after all this time. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #356 on: May 29, 2017, 03:29:35 PM »
Season appears to conclude halfway through September: 18 episodes, first two shown last week, next two officially shown today (but were available last week for streaming), and after that seemingly one per week until done. Lo-o-ong way to go to avoid spoilers.

« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2017, 08:39:10 PM »
Just watched the series finale of 'The Leftovers'.

Damon Lindelof was behind one of the most criticised series finales in TV history with 'Lost'. Possibly now he's also behind one of the best final episodes.

Of course it's very different. He could choose when the story would be over and would end, and The Leftovers is a very, very different show.

if you haven't watched it, I'd really recommend watching the last 2 series. I found the first series unwatchable. It is extremely dark. I mean the whole 3 series are dark, but the way that I found myself guffawing out loud at various points during the last episode, and throughout the series, shows the way that humour often reveals itself in dark places. So, honestly, I'd watch the first episode, but if you don't think you can handle it, skip straight to season 2. Some parts of the lot will be very confusing to you having missed season 1, but most of the show will be confusing even if you've watched every episode 3 times, so don't worry about it.

As I say, very different from 'Lost, so don't be expecting a similar programme, but now having watched the entire arc, I think it's probably one of the best TV shows ever, and the finale is almost certainly one of the best things I've watched in the last couple of years.

A second show, and completely different, I'm watching is the 12 Monkeys series. Now, it's not even in the same universe of quality. In 12 Monkeys you know that somebody is sceptical about something because they will say, 'I'm not sure I believe it', whereas The Leftovers, having at least 2 of the best actors on the planet will show you that someone is sceptical about something by showing you their face, and building upon the fantastic character development.

But I do love timey-wimey stuff, and 12 Monkeys if far better than the tosh that's been on mainstream TV the last couple of years such as 'Timeless' (which I sort of like, 'Frequency' and that god-awful thing about Jack the Ripper and HG Wells in the 21st century.

« Reply #358 on: July 03, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
Rewatched True Detective Season One..

Finale still happens kinda fast. I also rushed the last eps. I was watching them one a day, then went through the last three in one sitting. That mystifying complexity that made season two nearly unwatchable is present in season one (I sometimes had to go back with subtitles on to catch details whizzing by), but much much more under control. Have to think about the last ep some more but in the end it probably makes sense.

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #359 on: July 11, 2017, 09:43:22 PM »
Probably a lo-o-o-o-ong wait before this gets a release date, but...

HBO and George R.R. Martin Set To Produce Nnedi Okorafor's Who Fears Death TV Series

We’ve known for some time that Nnedi Okorafor’s World Fantasy Award-winning novel Who Fears Death was being adapted into a live action project, but the author took to her Facebook page this morning to share news about where we can eventually expect to see it.

Though it was initially planned to become a feature-length film, Who Fears Death has now been optioned by HBO to be turned into a television series, with no less than George R.R. Martin attached as executive producer.

“Note: This did not happen overnight,” Okorafor wrote. “It’s been nearly 4 years coming.” Further down the comment thread on her Facebook post, she added:...

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf