Tv

• 460 replies
Re: Tv
« Reply #300 on: June 22, 2016, 08:59:18 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The one dude who uploads HD episodes of Wentworth has ragequit Kickass

That's it, man. That's it. game over.

Have you tried signing up for theempire.bz?

They have australian, canadian, etc commonwealth programmes.

« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2016, 09:37:08 PM »
Have you tried signing up for theempire.bz?

They have australian, canadian, etc commonwealth programmes.

Thanks for the tip. They appear to have one guy uploading a day or two after broadcast, and going by past file sizes it'll be better than what's on kickass right now, but it won't be HD. Ever since I discovered the joys of 720p (plus a judicious amount of Sharpening), regular video literally looks wrong, like blurry or fuzzy or like there's something wrong with my eyes, and it's distracting. I want to see sharp lines and people's pores goddamit!

/picky
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #302 on: June 23, 2016, 07:01:11 PM »
Well that's the end of an era. Person of Interest is over. They lost a little something when Carter [spoilered], and the Shaw/Root thing got not quite played right, but Reese was a fine Batman and many of the episodes were excellent. In storytelling, the show hit a nice balance, where there was a great deal of suspense (and current interest) associated with the Machine/Samaritan plotline, but they were able to have each episode be suspenseful and largely satisfying in its own right. Or so says my perhaps rose coloured recollection. Bye bye Person of Interest.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2016, 02:48:51 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The one dude who uploads HD episodes of Wentworth has ragequit Kickass

That's it, man. That's it. game over.

https://eztv.ag/search/wentworth

« Reply #304 on: June 25, 2016, 06:49:53 PM »
Phew. That one dude came back.

But not before I suffered through an overly compressed 720p copy with mildly blocky video and a goddamn "downloaded from..." popup.

I don't know what to think anymore. I have grown accustomed to mostly accessible timely releases of high quality video, and one day that will all come to an end. Some day, when piracy finally gets choked off, can I blame the copyright holders and their representatives for restricting access? I talk up the shows I watch. Especially when they're new and do something better than other shows do. But being mr free advertising probably isn't what the producers want me to be.

It'll come to an end, my friends. At some point, it'll be worth a distributor and producer's effort to make content available for "free", but that time is a long way off and needs a revenue source that doesn't exist yet (and probably requires unification of all distribution on a massive and worldwide scale). Long before that happens, the torrents day will be if not done then certainly squeezed.

« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2016, 06:47:57 PM »
Mr Robot premiere "leaked".

The "leak" was of part one of the actual premiere which is a two-parter. Both parts of the premiere will air this Thursday (Wednesday, July 13, USAnian time).

Making a "leak" like this, especially with the tone-perfect "You deserve something new" hacker spiel ahead of the actual "leak", USA Network is kind of satirising its own show, which is a bit deflating, tbh, but part 1 does show a lot of promise. I'm looking forward to seeing both parts together.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #306 on: July 13, 2016, 02:59:58 PM »
Walking Dead Season 6.  Proving once again (actually twice again) that live humans are generally much more dangerous than zombies.

The cliffhanger season-ending final scene was . . . exceptionally brutal. aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao  At least it was until the lyrics to Maxwell's Silver Hammer popped into my head.  Then I couldn't stop laughing. ahahahahah  OK, that's a weird reaction, but then again, I am a Lunatic.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2016, 01:07:31 AM »
Mr Robot

eps2 0 unm4sk-pt2.tc

Did anyone else catch an Alien reference? Might be imagining.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2016, 06:02:23 PM »
Finished watching Childhood's End.  Discs were labelled as Season 1, but it was really a miniseries covering the whole book.  True to the book, there is no possibility of a sequel.

I don't know.  It seemed like they deliberately padded things out to fill up 6 or so hours and did a much worse job explaining the what and why of the ending than the book did.  I don't mind additions to make characters more 3 dimensional, but not when those come at the expense of critical parts of the story line.  It's worth a watch, but I recommend reading the book first.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2016, 05:03:05 AM »
Stranger Things

If you are old enough to have been watching tv shows in the eighties, this is absolutely brilliant.

It's set in the eighties..... actually the whole thing is done in eighties style, an homage. The style of shooting, the music, the credits, everything except it has better acting and HD.

It's not particularly original but it's put together extremely well and just as Mr. Robot fits our time right now so well, this show perfectly fits the eighties.

I'd be interested in what younger viewers think as I'm not sure they will like it at all. They may find it too..... I don't know cute or boring or something. For me, I watched all 8 episodes of the first season (it plays more like a long movie) in two days.

« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2016, 05:17:17 PM »
I don't know what to think anymore. I have grown accustomed to mostly accessible timely releases of high quality video, and one day that will all come to an end. Some day, when piracy finally gets choked off[...]

And with Kickasss seized, that day is today. if you've ever compared torrent sites in search of something timely, you'll have seen how Kickass had become the site where stuff was first made accessible. A lot of the torrents you'd have found on other sites appeared first on Kickass and wouldn't have appeared otherwise. I mean, piratebay is ad-chocked ass, demonoid is belly up, and everywhere else seemed just to be redistributing. So what now?

« Reply #311 on: August 02, 2016, 12:25:11 AM »
I miss Person of Interest. I made the mistake of rewatching quite a lot of it - seasons 1 and 2, much of 3, some of 4, half of 5 - and now I don't know if Mr Robot is any good anymore.  ananananan

« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2016, 09:07:22 PM »
I am concerned about Mr Robot. The episodes are as attractive as ever, but they keep on not telling the story they promised to tell. And they've started having ideas bigger than their budget, most obviously when they went to "Beijing". And they're recycling, because if Ray isn't the new Vera then what is he? Etc.

« Reply #313 on: August 23, 2016, 03:32:55 AM »

« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2016, 12:37:01 AM »