Tv

• 460 replies
Re: Tv
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2014, 01:06:27 AM »
So this is starting to suck: I've caught up with all the Person of Interest episodes and got used to watching two a day but new episodes are hard to come by. CBS in it/their wisdom has rationed them to once a fortnight. IT IS NOT ENOUGH! I NEED MY STORIES!

I need a new show. I like Person of Interest, Revolution, Continuum, and taking walks in the rain. When they were on I liked Dexter and Breaking Bad. Going back a bit, West Wing was cool, so was The Wire. Also Dollhouse and Buffy.

WHAT IS THERE LEFT?!?
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2014, 02:34:03 AM »
So this is starting to suck: I've caught up with all the Person of Interest episodes and got used to watching two a day but new episodes are hard to come by. CBS in it/their wisdom has rationed them to once a fortnight. IT IS NOT ENOUGH! I NEED MY STORIES!

I need a new show. I like Person of Interest, Revolution, Continuum, and taking walks in the rain. When they were on I liked Dexter and Breaking Bad. Going back a bit, West Wing was cool, so was The Wire. Also Dollhouse and Buffy.

WHAT IS THERE LEFT?!?

I try to avoid new shows because I much prefer burning through the whole thing in a few sittings. I wish I hadn't gotten into Game of Thrones....

« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
I'm just glad Game of Thrones sucks so much. I mean, sure, it's great, but they have a billion story lines and every episode reads like a complication of five minute skits. If there's some over-arching narrative, it gets skewered every time. Plus, is it actually still on? It feels like years since I saw an ep....

Anyway, Imma try out Orphan Black and Hannibal.

Episodic tv is the new novel.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2014, 05:09:53 PM »
I watched Season 1 of a Swedish series called "Real Humans"

Wish the English subtitles had been larger, but other than that, no complaints.

What happens when robots not only look like us, but start to be able to think and act like us?  Besides hookerbots afafafafaf, there are some serious social issues raised.

Plus, Anita/Mimi is amazingly hot. akakakakak

Season 2 is in production.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2014, 05:32:57 PM »
Orphan Black turns out to be great. Tense, speculative, funny, plus really well realised characters (even when they teeter along the stereotype line). Tatiana Maslany is superb as several different characters (whereas Matt Frewer as just one, Dr. Aldous Leekie, is kinda miscast, but whatevs). You can still see what should be invisible, the technical wizardry when several of Tatiana's characters appear on the screen at the same time, but given the heights everything else reaches in terms of story, production and performance, it's forgivable.

« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2014, 08:49:19 PM »
True Detective - weird, hard to follow sometimes, but great, a new kind of scary tv. Also, very definitely must watch in HD.

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

A-Train

« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2014, 01:41:27 AM »
I'm just glad Game of Thrones sucks so much. I mean, sure, it's great, but they have a billion story lines and every episode reads like a complication of five minute skits. If there's some over-arching narrative, it gets skewered every time. Plus, is it actually still on? It feels like years since I saw an ep....

Anyway, Imma try out Orphan Black and Hannibal.

Episodic tv is the new novel.

Caught up with Game Of Thrones? Yeah, it is extremely dense so you almost have to be obsessed with it to like it at all, but I think it's the best thing since Deadwood and The Wire.

I agree with your TV/Novel comment. I think we're in some kind of golden age of television; so many great series that are actually given the time to develop over many seasons. I never would have thought I'd say something like that about TV having grown up in the "Smokey And The Bandits/P.J. And The Bear" era.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2014, 02:30:57 AM »
Game of Thrones is better this season. The episodes seem are more coherent, somehow. When the characters are clothed, anyway. The interludes with the boobs and shaven boy toys continue roll eyes-worthy, but HBO.

In other news, I didn't like Hannibal. Too much like watching Dallas. With Hannibal as Larry Hagman.

Orphan Black has started its season two. I wish to keep liking it but I worry it has jumped a shark somewhere.

« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2014, 10:53:39 AM »

« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2014, 04:23:40 AM »

old34

« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2014, 05:22:46 AM »
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzExNDIwMTk2.html

Brilliant! I was gifted a boxed set of the "Taste of China" DVD series. Well worth watching, but it got a bit, no a lot, tedious after an episode or two.

Here's  a minute and a half of British satire on Taste of China style that made my night. Thanks Calach!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2014, 06:24:48 AM »

« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »
The 100

Post-apocalyptic drama with teenagers. Surprisingly not awful. The "grounders" have exactly the same accent as the "the 100", who've supposedly been off-Earth for two generations, which is jarring, but the story develops in a watchable fashion anyway.

« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »
Well, it's that time of year again - all my shows have finale'd. And it seems like movie season has been woeful. So I don't know what to watch. Started on Fargo instead.

« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »
Well, it's that time of year again - all my shows have finale'd. And it seems like movie season has been woeful. So I don't know what to watch. Started on Fargo instead.

May I suggest a few British shows.

Most recent is Hugo Blick's new drama 'The Honourable Woman'. You'll either love it or hate it, but either way you'll spend 8 hours of your life having no idea what the hell is going on. Episode 1 was last week.

Happy Valley.

Line of Duty (there's been 2 seasons, but the second one might be slightly better.

As for American series, based on your posts I think you'll completely hate this next one, but I kind of like 'The Last Ship' which has started recently.  Hammy acting. Lots of action. Sort of like a mix between transformers and an advert for the American Navy, but me like the 1st 2 episodes.

Of course, it might go down the sink quickly. To my shame I liked the first couple of episodes of 'Under The Dome' and that went rancid very quickly.