Pepper Ginger & Marmalade

?/
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Enter the Squeaker
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2020, 08:12:23 PM »
Spent a few hours discussing names with my wife.  Since daughter is now off at uni, the cat managed to avoid a food name. ahahahahah

The Lions that often guard buildings are typically either stone lions or bronze lions.  Since this cat is now our official door guard (and is orange), he ended up with Bronze Cat (Tong Mao) as his name.

We were busy on Saturday.  He was around Sunday early morning, but had some important cat things to do until mid afternoon.  Then he showed up meowing for a snack.  Since Champagne is still here, so is the cat backpack.  Before poor Bronze Cat knew what was happening, he was bagged and heading out to the street to catch a car.

After a few minutes of distressed meowing, he calmed down.  Even at the vet's, he was very cooperative and seemed much more interested in being petted than escaping.

The anti-parasite medication we've been giving him is more for external parasites.  Vet called to let us know that he's been properly fixed and that he's got intestinal worms of some sort.  That will be taken care of while he's recovering from the surgery and getting his first round of all vaccinations.  We should be able to collect him on Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:37:44 PM by Escaped Lunatic »
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Enter the Squeaker
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2020, 05:41:20 PM »
Between visiting the bank and catching the new Mulan movie on Saturday, we stopped off to visit Bronze Cat at the vet's office.  He's recovering well and was desperate for some good petting.  My wife will be collecting him from the vets later this afternoon.  He's been fixed, had first round of vaccines, been dewormed, and also had a bit of an ear clipping to identify him as a non-breeding outdoor kitty.

Much to my surprise, we was even up for a tummy rub.  Most cats will lure you in for that, only to try to remove your arm, but he was more than happy to just lay there and purr away.  Stripy Emperor acts the same, but Pandora alternates between wanting tummy rubs vs wanting to eat any hand that gets too close.  Champagne considers any attempt to touch her stomach to be an excuse to deploy all her claws and teeth.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com