Domestic advice needed

• 8 replies

NATO

Domestic advice needed
« on: December 28, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »
I am moving out of my place in a week and I need to sort one or two things out - the main thing that is bugging me is the sink is slightly blocked so I need to either get a plunger or some kind of chemical to break down whatever is in there. Does anyone know what kind of store I should look for to get either of these out here? If anyone is aware of any brand names for sink-unblockers then that would help as well. 

Borkya

Re: Domestic advice needed
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 09:11:47 PM »
Pour some baijiu down there! That will dissolve anything!  ahahahahah

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:32:41 PM »
I found mr muscle stuff here! It was in Lian Sheng supermarket, different lable all chinese but the guy was the same and he had a pic of a plug hole so I figured worth a gamble.

Worked a charm. Look for orange bottle with a skinny bloke standing next to sink in a superman pose.  bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 03:53:25 AM »
Look for orange bottle with a skinny bloke standing next to sink in a superman pose.  bfbfbfbfbf

I saw that on a bottle of baijiu     mmmmmmmmmm
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

xwarrior

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 04:48:49 AM »
Could take a look under the bench and see if the U-bend pipe can be accessed. If so, place a bowl under the target, undo the 'nut', jump back ... and watch all the crap go anywhere except in the bowl.

The operation is made easier in my present abode as there is no U-bend -- just a length of flexible tube that can be pulled out and cleaned.      
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:56:01 AM by xwarrior »
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 05:19:02 AM »
Could take a look under the bench and see if the U-band pipe can be accessed. If so, place a bowl under the target, undo the 'nut', jump back ... and watch all the crap go anywhere except in the bowl.

The operation is made easier in my present abode as there is no U-bend -- just a length of flexible tube that can be pulled out and cleaned. 

You must be a shit-load of fun at house warming parties    bqbqbqbqbq

NATO

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 03:58:11 AM »
hahaha. I've got a nice wet floor and cupboard but at least the blockage has gone! Thanks for the suggestions.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 04:50:36 AM »
Don't laugh, DD. The "S" trap/U-bend was invented to be an easy way to unblock drains. Also a way of keeping sewer gasses from coming back into living spaces. Sadly though, they haven't caught on in China yet. What XW describes is pretty much your standard fare.

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »
I knew that, you old fart. How often do you get a chance to make a good crap joke at some one else's expense?