Is it just me...(blocking)

• 20 replies
Is it just me...(blocking)
« on: December 29, 2010, 03:00:36 AM »
...or tonight, pretty much EVERYTHING is suddenly blocked? Cannot get to Google (any of them), Gmail, Yahoo.com, Yahoo Mail etc. Even this board wouldn't let me sign in.

Something going down? Using a proxy atm, but hopefully if I sleep on it all will be okay  :wtf:
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Re: Is it just me...(blocking)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 03:19:39 AM »
saloon is slow, Yahoo is down, up briefly and down again.

I have google ok

It isn't you, the internet is weird tonight.  llllllllll llllllllll
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 03:22:44 AM »
Oh good, I thought the proverbial had hit the fan  aoaoaoaoao

randyjac

• 老骥伏枥
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 03:26:19 AM »
Yahoo is inaccessible through normal channels. I surmise their news reporting has irked someone.

old34

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 03:29:53 AM »
This afternoon, I had intermittent dropped connections like for Yahoo Groups, Google Translate, and for here a couple of times. I thought maybe the university server was being glitchy because I could hit RELOAD and up popped the page. But if it's happening in your neck of the woods, too, than maybe they're testing some new GFW filters on the main incoming mainland pipes.These symptoms are what has happened in the past when they are "adjusting" the GFW filters.

Just got back from evening class so will do some testing after supper's ready...and eaten.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 03:47:56 AM »
I'm still with Rogers from Canada for most of my email. They piggy-back with Yahoo, I log on at rogers.yahoo.com. It was fine this afternoon but now its down
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 03:57:57 AM »
Hmmm, if they're ádjusting' the firewall, perhaps it means we'll regain access to FB & Twitter again....one can only hope!

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 04:18:30 AM »
the interwebs has been buzzing with access problems nationwide.. I guess they're tweaking settings or something like that to prevent more leprechauns from getting in/out  llllllllll
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 04:26:19 AM »
Without the alternative measures in place I have some problems but not as much as some seem to have. With the help in place no problems. Without the help I can access the cn G search engine but not other countries versions. Yahoo is fine.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

Crippler

• Dangerous place to post
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 04:36:14 AM »
Everything working fine here. I have CHinanet 4g....

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 04:40:01 AM »
There have been a few glitches here (I have a Gehua Cable internet connection out of Beijing) but mostly ok. Google seems fine for the most part, although it was crapping out on me earlier today on my school's connection. I have had to refresh a few of my favorite sites, including this one, once or twice before they'll connect but so far I haven't found any sites that are completely inaccessible.

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 05:17:02 AM »
Yahoo is back up DAMN! Now I have no excuse for not submitting lesson plans
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Borkya

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 02:05:12 PM »
Yeah, I was fully out there for awhile (google, yahoo etc) but now it seems okay.

It's like 'deja vu' in the matrix. Now we have to figure out what they have changed!  ababababab

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 02:29:38 PM »
Well, it's not Facebook or Youtube...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
Saloon was just down for me for almost 2 hrs.  Even now it isn't opening properly. 
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.