• Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Net TV  (Read 1325 times)

moon over parma

• Limboid
Net TV
« on: July 08, 2007, 08:27:20 PM »
I thought this might be of use to anyone jonesing for a dose of western television in China.

There are several avenues to watch western programming on-line. It can be a pain in the ass to go to individual sites and have to click on the link for a stream.

I know of two programs that offer up television channels (in English, among other languages):

SOPCAST

Uses P2P technology. It's free. You download and install the program and it offers up a channel guide.

Some of its English language offerings:
ESPN Sports
FIGHT TV (MMA)
Network 10 Australia
STAR Movies

The TVU player is also free.
It offers:
the SCI-FI Channel from the U. S. (WWE ECW, The Twilight Zone, Battlestar Galactica, DOCTOR WHO, etc.)
ABC (US) (all you LOST fans will appreciate it)
Animal Planet
Cartoon Network
CBS (US) (All you CSI fans will appreciate it)
Comedy Central (South Park fans will appreciate it)
ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPN Asia
FOX (US) (The Simpsons!)
FOX NEWS (if you call that "news")
Hollywood Movie (From Taiwan, but all movies are in English)
NBC (US) (HEROES fans will appreciate it)
Nickelodeon
SPIKE TV (TNA and UFC)
STAR Sports
and
the USA Network (WWE RAW, MONK, ETC.)
among other channels from other nations

Also, if anyone uses Winamp - there are several video channels at your disposal - and for free.

Fire up the winamp, right click on the player and look at the menu, make sure to click on "Media Library" A window will open up.

If you look in the tab marked "IN2TV" you can find folders and they offer up (officially) epsiodes from old shows like:

THE GEORGE CARLIN SHOW
THE FLINTSTONES
FRACTURED FAIRY TALES
GUMBY
THE JETSONS
MAGILLA GORILLA
JOHNNY QUEST
SCOOBY-DO
MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN
THE ROCKY & BULLWINKLE SHOW
TOM & JERRY
ALICE
THE BEN STILLER SHOW
CHICO & THE MAN
F-TROOP
WELCOME BACK, KOTTER
CHIPS
THE ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY, JR.
THE FUGITIVE
KUNG FU
LOONEY TUNES shorts
THE THREE STOOGES shorts
OUR GANG/LITTLE RASCALS shorts
BABYLON FIVE
FREDDY'S NIGHTMARES
A HORROR MOVIE CHANNEL
A GODZILLA CHANNEL
MAX HEADROOM
V
WONDER WOMAN
I SPY
HUNTER
THE GIRL FROM UNCLE
THE MAN FROM UNCLE
THE REDD FOXX SHOW
and
GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

That's just the IN2TV feature.

If you go to the SHOUTCAST TV section of the media library you will find channels devoted to FAMILY GUY, THE SIMPSONS, SOUTH PARK, old movies, SMALLVILLE, BUFFY, SCRUBS, MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS, UK GOLD, and others.

If you invest some RMB into your desktop you can have a video card and jack that comp into your television. No more CCTV9 (if you can get it in your area) and if you can't find the DVDs in your neck of the woods, you can try to catch programs through one of these outlets.

I don't use these programs for American shows, since I have cable, but I'm sure once I'm in China and feel the need to catch up with some programs now and then, these resources will be rather handy.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:00:25 PM by moon over parma »
Oh, dry up. <from Raoul>

gonzo

• Barfly
Re: Net TV
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 08:41:04 PM »
Fantastic links and info: thanks MOP.
Hopefully Raoul will put this in the links/library. Decent English TV was one of the few things I mussed in China.

moon over parma

• Limboid
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »
If you're into old school horror/comedy/drama/westerns, oddball horror films, forgotten 70s and 80s era American made-for-tv movies, and whatnot, there's an online/satellite channel that streams 24/7:

http://www.whitesprings.tv/main/videofeed.htm

Their schedule:

http://www.ftalist.com/ws/current.htm

Today alone you could enjoy:

George Hamilton as EVEL KNIEVEL

and Fred Williamson as MEAN JOHNNY BARROWS
Oh, dry up. <from Raoul>

moon over parma

• Limboid
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 03:55:04 PM »
For MAC fiends there's a few 24-7 streams of net "TV" of public domain movies and television programs:
http://www.americafree.tv/index.shtml
Streaming quicktime format.
Oh, dry up. <from Raoul>

jpd01

• Barfly
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:00:42 AM »
Anyone know of a reliable internet tv site these days? Not anything in mind just would like to see some decent English programming these days, sports would be nice as well.
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

Mac Attack

• Barfly
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 05:35:09 AM »
I found Graboid to be a pretty good and reliable way to watch American as well as British and Pay TV Channels. It also has a decent number of movies including the ones that have just been released in theaters. The only problem is that there is a monthly fee for this service.

Here is the link: www.graboid.com

It is definitely worth a look at and you can try it for free (30 Day trial period).

tomhume89

• Barfly
    • Chingogo
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 07:48:01 AM »
I just prefer to pay for a vee pee en and get bbc, channel 4 etc as I would do at home!  bfbfbfbfbf

BrandeX

• Barfly
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 02:00:27 PM »