'Scripts' are causing Hotmail problem

• 2 replies

xwarrior

'Scripts' are causing Hotmail problem
« on: November 08, 2010, 04:20:20 PM »
Can anyone help solve a problem with Hotmail and 'scripts.' I am running XP.

The problem stated 3 weeks ago:

1. About 1 min after opening Hotmail everything locks up and I get this message -

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://secure.shared.live.com/_D/F$Live.SiteContent.Messenger/4.2.57152/release/Microsoft.Live.Core.LocalStorage.FF.js:39

- it will not solve on 'Continue' but clears on 'Stop.'

2. About 1 min after I exit Hotmail and go to another site the same thing happens - and clears the same way.
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: 'Scripts' are causing Hotmail problem
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:24:41 PM »
update your flash player or use a different browser
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

xwarrior

Re: 'Scripts' are causing Hotmail problem
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 05:08:53 AM »
update your flash player or use a different browser

Thanks Nolefan. I updated Adobe Flash Player and that seems to have have done the trick.

Both Firefox and Adobe have pissed me off this year. Firefox now updates often and gave messages that Flash Player needed updating.

I would go to Adobe and it is the most convoluted site I know for finding and downloading an update. It was easy tonight but awhile ago it took ages to find and then it took ages to download. For some reason (most prob my fault) they have not installed for some time.

Whatever, looks like I can now get on and solve the other 100 things 
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler