• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Movie/film thread: resurrected  (Read 356983 times)

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #2265 on: September 21, 2018, 09:28:24 AM »
Fahrenheit 451 (2018)

Shallow. Slick. Doesn't really make sense. Kind of like watching a super-long intro to a music video.

bfbfbfbfbf

» now with New and Endlessly Improving CV 4U  ٩( ᐛ )و

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
« Reply #2266 on: September 22, 2018, 04:28:26 AM »
Martyrs (2008)

French. Starts out as violent action, finishes as genuinely horrifying. The story begins when a young girl escapes physical confinement and abuse by unknown captors, then jumps ahead fifteen years to see what she does next. Watch with a friend.

Excellent. But horrible.

» now with New and Endlessly Improving CV 4U  ٩( ᐛ )و

Escaped Lunatic

• Global Moderator
  • Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2267 on: October 01, 2018, 09:15:59 AM »
Split 2017

I had completely written off M. Night Shyamalan.  Yes, Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense were great, but after that, his films mostly seemed like a poor way to waste time.

Then I heard a sequel called Glass was coming out.  What little I heard was that it was a sequel to both Unbreakable and something called Split.

My lovely video pirates had it in an easy to find location, so I bought a copy of Split.  Yes, there are a few details that are a bit of a stretch, but it actually was worth watching.

Now I have to see about watching Glass.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Granny Mae

• Barfly
« Reply #2268 on: October 01, 2018, 10:30:39 PM »
One of the Movie Theatres I go to, is having 30's and 40's classic movies on Mondays in September and October. Yesterday I saw "THE WOMEN" starring Joan Crawford and Rosalind Russell. This was a 1939 movie and there was not a man in it! bibibibibi The strange part was that it was about their relationships with men. I thought that I had just missed seeing a man somewhere, however a male patron also commented on the same thing. bfbfbfbfbf Movies were cetainly different in those days. I can't even imagine what types of movies will be produced in 80 yrs time. aoaoaoaoao

Granny Mae

• Barfly
« Reply #2269 on: October 13, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »
Last Monday I saw "Buck Privates" a 1941 movie starring Bud Abbott and Lou Costello. The Andrews Sisters also did a couple of singing and dancing acts. It takes me back to when I was still at school in Tenterfield, NSW. Australia.  We'd see black and white movies like this. Tomorrow I'm going to see a 1949 movie named "On the Town", starring Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. It will probably be a musical. bfbfbfbfbf

AMonk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2270 on: October 13, 2018, 11:28:32 PM »
 agagagagag agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...