Imodium-Type Diarrhea Medicine (Loperamide Hydrochloride)

• 5 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Imodium-Type Diarrhea Medicine (Loperamide Hydrochloride)
« on: April 21, 2007, 11:51:14 PM »
You can buy Imodium-type (loperamide hydrochloride) diarrhea medicine in China now. This is great news because 1) loperamide is the only really decent diarrhea medicine in the entire history of diarrhea, and 2) we're in China, the land where delicious but extremely oily foods of questionable origin are sold directly on the filthy streets by unwashed displaced agricultural workers. Ah, home. aiaiaiaiai

Hell, they probably invented diarrhea here, sometime back in the Tang Dynasty. uuuuuuuuuu

Anyway, the Chinese name is Yi2 Mong2 Ting2. I bought it in Shanghai at 6 tablets for about 6 yuan; in other cities you can probably buy the same box for about 1.5 yuan. bibibibibi  It might help to also be able to name the condition in Chinese: la4 du2 zi.

My box has pictures of big complex molecules on it...the way medicine should  look. When you buy it, the pharmacy gargoyle will probably wave various nostrums containing extracts of various (probably all counterfeited) roots, leaves, berries, and animal gonads at you. You should wave these off with a derisive laugh and a contemptuous sneer. Don't let them distract you.

I don't know about you, but if I have diarrhea I don't want to spend unnecessary hours or days on the ol' Thunderbucket, contemplating how much gentler the Chinese version is being on my body.  ayayayayay

I'm American, dammit, and I want fast, temporary relief. Which WE  invented. blblblblbl
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 11:53:42 PM by Raoul Duke »
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
Re: Imodium-Type Diarrhea Medicine (Loperamide Hydrochloride)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 12:02:23 AM »
Here, for your shopping convenience, is a scan of the box Imodium comes in here.
Just save it, print it, take it to your nearest pharmacy, and show it to the pharmacist while making retarded-sounding gurgling noises. They'll know what to do.

Note this stuff is made in Xian, The City That Made Loose Stools FamousTM
(Just kidding...)

Remember: Be Prepared!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:26:09 PM by Raoul Duke »
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 01:59:25 AM »
Never had problems in that area. Even when I was traveling in India. But I think I might recommend a few that!

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 06:29:51 PM »
But then, Cheeks, we all know that even your poo is special. ajajajajaj ahahahahah

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:12:26 AM »
eww and  ahahahahah But thanks, will keep it in mind if anyone ever complains.

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 02:24:43 AM »
Not sure what I took last year when I had a raging case of Summer Stomach but it was only a speed bump to my liquid fuel shites. Slowed em down but never once stopped them. Just had to tough it out not being able to fart with pleasure for about 6 weeks.  bqbqbqbqbq
Pretty sure my stuff had the above ingredients but am happy to try anything that will help me avoid sacrificing a sock in the name of cleanliness. afafafafaf
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 03:08:34 AM by psd4fan »