Tian Shuo Company/Changchun

• 7 replies
Tian Shuo Company/Changchun
« on: June 19, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »
Hi everybody,
This is Fulya from Changchun. I wanted to share my (bad)working experiences in this city. I came here in March and worked for the Tian Shuo Company as an English teacher for 1,5 Months and I can say that 1,5 months were for me just a night mare. In my 1st day, the company brought me to a terrible apartment where I was supposed to live!I don't want to describe the apartment but I hope u can guess how it was. I rejected to live there of course and the other day they brought me to a better one. I thought ok, it is just for 6 months, I will stay.But it was not the end. At the end of the month, they didn't make the payment, they told I am new so they should see if I am good or not! After 45 days I was paid but just 700 Yuan! We sat on the table and an officer called Kiki made many reductions and had many reasons for that which were not any reason for me. Than I knew from the other teachers that they always find reasons(funny reasons)to make reductions and you should discuss with them, threat them and so on to be able to get your salary. I wait again to see what happens next. After 1 week, they called me and told me to move out of my apartment in 2 hours. It was the last thing! I decided to leave but first I said ok take me to my new apartment, guess what, the new apartment was the first one where they took me in my first day in Changchun(just because this one would cost them around 300RMB). So I left the company. These were not all, they also let me work illegal and wanted me to make extra hours. They called me in my free days and sent me to some substitution classes, of course without payment. Now they reject, of course, to pay me my salary and in addition to that want me to leave China as soon as possible. The passports of some of my friends are also kept by the company because of again some funny reasons. They wanted to keep mine also but I was not naive only for my passport!but for the other things, I was unfortunately very naive. I read some other posts about this company but it was too late!I am leaving Changchun very soon and am just happy. I know better now how to behave in China, so everything is just an experience...

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: Tian Shuo Company/Changchun
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:02:52 PM »
Sounds like a very bad experience, Fulya - where are you going now?  What are you teaching?

Riz

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 09:14:06 PM »
A horrible tale of fraud and trickery ! Where's your next destination?
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Short and funny quotes, Winston Churchill.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:15:37 AM »
Can't say loud enough or often enough: NEVER teach, even for one minute, while your passport is being held against your will. Exit the premises IMMEDIATELY and get in touch with your Consulate or Embassy.

It's necessary and proper for them to keep your passport (actually, submit it to the local PSB and Labor Bureaus) for 2-4 weeks while getting your Residence and Work Permits. Otherwise, it should be tightly in your kung fu grip at all times.

Don't buy the line about "holding on to it for your protection." It's bushwa. The ONLY reason a school would ever keep your passport is to render you even more powerless than you already are.
And that, I fear, is saying a lot... aoaoaoaoao
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:35:02 PM »
Hi Fulya,

I know all about this as I work for said company  :th_h:  and know Fulya quite well.  akakakakak  Sometimes a FT's story is skewed; but not in this case. Let me tell about Fulya first. My g/f is incredebly jealous and rarely even likes other girls, yet she LOVES Fulya! Classy and an infectious smile.  :th_n:

Now they treat me well, NOW, but what they've done to Fulya pissed me off to the point I asked them WTF. They gave some feeble excuse that didn't wash. They also have no concept of cause and effect.

"She's a bad teacher, she didn't go to the school." I was told.

No, I replied, you don't pay her so why should she continue to work for free?

About that apt, they tried to pawn it on me when I had to move prior to Fulya's arrival. I took photos so I can attest to the conditions. I said the place was fine except some minor points:

no hot water,

no fridge,

it had a toilet - sitting in the living room unattatched to anything,

no stove,

no gas, (not a problem since there's no stove, right?)

no lights, well some,

but the worst part, no curtains.

This is not the worst place I've ever worked, but if they think I'm resigning, I hope they're not holding their breaths. Like I said, they do treat me well, I scored some "guinchi"  :th_bj: (sp?) but I've seen what they do to others.

Everything Fulya said is true and she even omitted some things. Honey you've always had my love and support. Good luck and we can't wait to come and visit you.
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 11:15:52 PM »
I want to add that Tian Shuo are a company that have used their foreign hire's passports to illegally purchase and import automobiles for resale into China. Many of the foreign teachers do not know this. Be aware. One of their junior staff members is currently serving time for violations "Mama" Wang and her daughter, Maggie knowingly committed. They have a lot of pull in Changchun. If a teacher gets in the shit with them it is usually very difficult to get out of.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 01:28:56 PM »
I had my passport checked, and no such thing happened to me
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 12:32:42 AM »
That's great. Make sure to investigate and be certain. It has happened to Americans working for them. I'd add that you're defending a company you have previously admitted screwed over another member of this forum. Just because it didn't happen to you does not mean it didn't happen, nor isn't happening.  Why you feel compelled to defend Tianshuo when their reputation is shit, even in Changchun, is odd.