• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Weather Check  (Read 177310 times)

cruisemonkey

• Barfly
  • You could be next.
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #1305 on: January 27, 2018, 03:15:38 PM »
-8 and snow. Brrrrrrrrr.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
« Reply #1306 on: January 27, 2018, 11:37:08 PM »
Heavy snow in central, southern China wreaks havoc on travel

Heavy snow continued to affect parts of China on Saturday, closing highways, causing train and flight cancellations, and even interrupting the final of a soccer match between Vietnam and Uzbekistan in a southern Chinese province.[

In central Hubei province, sections of more than 30 highways were closed due to icy conditions, while the number of passing vehicles were restricted, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

The three railway stations in Wuhan, Hubei's provincial capital, also cancelled more than 100 train trips.

As of 11:30 a.m. (0330 GMT), 95 flights had been cancelled at the Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, stranding about 1,200 passengers.

The airport at Nanning, capital of south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, had also cancelled 30 flights as of 10:50 a.m.

In Changzhou city in southern Jiangsu province, the second half of the Under-23 Asian Cup final was interrupted for an hour on Saturday afternoon as snow covered the soccer pitch and the mercury dipped to freezing.

Vietnam, long seen as an underdog, has defeated Australia, Iraq and Qatar to face Uzbekistan in the final, cheered on by Vietnamese at home and at the Changzhou Olympic Sports Centre.

On Friday, a unit of China's State Oceanic Administration issued a blue alert for sea ice in a key port area in the north of the country, potentially disrupting commodities shipments.

The snowy conditions are expected to ease in the coming week, although temperatures will remain frigid.

Shades of 2008

» now with New and Endlessly Improving CV 4U  ٩( ᐛ )و

cruisemonkey

• Barfly
  • You could be next.
« Reply #1307 on: January 28, 2018, 02:00:59 AM »
Pussies! I Canada we played soccer in the snow.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
« Reply #1308 on: January 28, 2018, 06:56:45 AM »
-4C when I went out walking two hours ago. (-2C when I got back just now.) Last night's snow has become today's solid inch of ice. Today's snow is powder over the top. Very slidy. Lots of raised hands on the sidewalk. Even the drivers are going slow. Little bit of sun right now, enough to make squinty snow glare. But tonight....

Tonight is to be -8C.  aoaoaoaoao

cruisemonkey

• Barfly
  • You could be next.
« Reply #1309 on: January 29, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
Almost the same just out of Zhengzhou -7.

Two more nights in freezing-cold China and I'm off to retire in tropical Phu Quoc, Vietnam.  bfbfbfbfbf

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
« Reply #1310 on: January 30, 2018, 12:45:14 AM »
Bon voyage, you lucky devil.

Escaped Lunatic

• Global Moderator
  • Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1311 on: January 30, 2018, 05:39:08 AM »
Less than 10 outside. I'm not going out to get an actual reading.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• Global Moderator
  • Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1312 on: August 02, 2018, 01:16:47 AM »
Feels like an oven.  Weather guessers say it's 31, but feels like 37.  Supposed to get to 33 today.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com