"Notarized" hospitals

• 5 replies

A-Train

"Notarized" hospitals
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:02:53 AM »
I've accepted an offer for my first teaching position in China and need to have a physical exam performed before I leave the U.S.  The employer tells me that the exam needs to be done at a "Chinese Embassy notarized hospital" or else I will have to have another exam performed when I reach Dalian.  I've been trying to find out which hospitals are "notarized" and have gotten nowhere by asking the Chinese Consulate and Chinese Visa Services in Chicago.  I've contacted a large, local hospital that handles international travel and they are confused by the request.

Does anyone have advice on finding out if a hospital is on the "approved" list and if there is a designated form to be completed with the examination?  The Consulate told me that every hospital was notarized but I'm taking that with a large grain of salt.

For now I plan to go to my regular physician, but I assume there is either a specific form required or certain issued that need to be addressed in the final report from the physician.  I.E. SARS, H1N1 Flu, venereal diseases and the like.  No?
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: "Notarized" hospitals
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:29:20 AM »
The form is the Q2 and can be downloaded from here:

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84240.htm

Finding a properly "notarized" doc isn't easy.  It's probably a lot simpler just to get the exam done once you arrive.

One way I've used to get info from the Embassy is to have a Chinese friend write to them in Chinese.  Writing to them in English doesn't always get the most usable responses. llllllllll
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

A-Train

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »
One way I've used to get info from the Embassy is to have a Chinese friend write to them in Chinese.  Writing to them in English doesn't always get the most usable responses. llllllllll

I'm finding that to be true after only one contact.  Thanks a ton for the link.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Schnerby

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 05:13:32 PM »
You're probably going to have the medical doesn again once you hit China, so I'd just let your local doc handle it. I took the tests that weren't going to be very expensive, and just let them do the rest when I came over. They repeated the whole lot anyway, so I suppose the bit in your ome country is just screening for anything major before you come across.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »
I'll second Schnerb's advice. I always had mine done at the special clinic on Renmin road. Costs about 400+ rmb and a morning of your time. (Try not to do it the first week of September, though)

chinalin

• The Great wall in winter.
    • Lin's China Travels
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
When I came, from Australia, I downloaded and printed the Health Check form, which I got from the Embassy website, and took it to my own doctor, who did all the necessary, sent me to get the required X-rays, blood tests, etc.

I then sent this to my college in China, and this was needed for them to get me the approval to invite me to their college, and to get the necessary paperwork for me to get a Z Visa.

When I went to the Embassy, to get my visa, they also needed a copy of the Health Check form. 

But, still, when I got here, I still needed to go to the local clinic, to have most of the tests done again.  But the college took care of that, all it cost me was my time.

Hope this helps you.

Lin
Zhaoqing, Guangdong.

bxbxbxbxbx