mmmmmmmmmm

agagagagag

ababababab

agagagagag

bibibibibi

asasasasas

bjbjbjbjbj
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

George

• My view of China
Re: Shenzhen... the big city
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »
You got a thing for pricks, Danny? Very interesting! agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 01:10:22 PM »
Macros are fun.  Like the thorns.

Schnerby

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 03:30:48 PM »
I was expectign skyscrapers... Plants are so much more fun!

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 04:51:43 AM »
If you climb up easy over`atousnd oft times, quite steep steps…

Not only will you be sweating profusely, you’ll have experienced deep throbbing pain in your legs muscles, as well as cleared out your lungs, thus reminding oneself they need more exersiza…

Just a few blocks from where you’ll see those inviting first steps that transform most thoughts to hopefully seeing their top end upon reaching each new level of steps…
For 21Y (bout 3 bucks), you might experience this while preparing ones mind to climb the towering mountain above;

But…
Once yer at the top of `Nanshan…. The mountain Nanshan district in Shenzhen is named for, located in the Shekou district of Nanshan disctrict in Shen,
You’ll see this view…

All the photos in THIS THREAD yer reading/looking at until further notice, are taking in areas seen in This photo.

I walk around a lot & these are places, people & things Shekou folk see in our daily life if eyes are open. I’ll add more Shenzhen pics to this thread over time & others are welcome to add some of their own, `more the merrier & informative.

Shekou has it’s own world famous tourist attraction, they call it `Sea World.. or `Marine World, depending on which translator is used. But don’t expect to go there & see a bunch of nautical stuffs, I mean, TIFC after all…
The mean attraction is an old cruise ship they dried up & turned into a hotel, with bars, the square type area around the ship has plenty very good western restaurants, well being quite expensive even for western budgets, there truly is some authentic And delicious food from most parts of the world nearby.

Here is the ship weathering a storm one morning da otta year…

Lotsa non Chinese live somewhat normal lives in Shekou…

Yeppers…
`Group weddings too…

But no worries, it is safe  here…

It’s cool cause if/when I meet a new friend for the first time, as I give the tour of old Shekou, whick just happens to end up under my apartment, usually right after I point up & say `that’s my place…
I mention that she is safe, the only big guns around here are Chinese, not foreign, as seen on the coast guards ship that park under my apartment…

Shekou now has two functioning border crossings with Hong Kong, the old port where ferries go & now, `Shenzhen Won, a bridge.
This is that bridge that opened the past year, can see one heavily populated of Hkong behind the bridge…

Interesting how HK Chinese actually do have a different look & style compared to mainland Chinese…

From Shekou, oft times the sunrises can be nearly spectacular, looking off passed Futian, towards Lohou where the whiter lights are in the center, to the far left is the new bridge…

Statues & scuptulers abound…

Some are rather large…

Real bronze or whatever metal combo they used, this Easy two stories if a building…

Some they didn’t skimp on the smallest of detail…

Some…
Well in a very relaxing setting, must have looked better in the drawing &/or lined just the right pockets…

Sometimes…
You’ll notice a very dirty man  laying around…

Masturbating…

Shekou is an older part of Shenzhen, so a lot of areas have lovely mature tree lined roads…

Or…

Parks are nice too… &Yes,
 Chinese do the same park things no matta which city.

But gotta gee`vum credits fo providins quiet spaces!

Age sho do add to the way a place can feel…

I just learnt they have water in their cup… I’d always thought of them like this…

But…

Wonderful how our world is always showing us new things…

I’ll add more later, hope ya no minds slow loards…
me pappy sayd... 

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 06:15:53 AM »
DanDan, your photos are amazing.  Now I know I must add this city to my list of places yet to visit in China.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 07:11:59 AM »
Excellent, Danny. I don't like the first one, but!! Too many steps!

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 07:28:15 AM »
Just a few words about the tree that begins this topic, a tree that is called the Ceiba tree.  First, a borrowed graphic:

This is a holy tree in Mayan culture (Mexico).  From the website where I found the graphic:

Representation with the Yaxché (Ceiba Tree), and the 4 Bacabs in the corners holding the earth, each of the 13 Caan (heaven) levels had its Oxlahuntikú or god, with Hunab’Kú (father of the twins and the Maize god) at the top. The Earth (Cab) represented as a caiman, with is Tzultacah or gods (we don’t know the number), and Xibalbá or underworld with nine levels and its gods or Bolon Ti Kún being Ah Puch, the God of the Death in the lower level. East (lak'in) is the direction of sunrise, associated with red (chak), the colour of dawn. West (chik'in) is the direction of sunset; its colour is black (ek'). North (xaman) is white (sak). The color of the south (nohol) is yellow (k'an). Green (yax) is the color of the centre, of the green ceiba tree (yax  che), representing the great World Tree itself, raised in the centre of the cosmos.

I know, you really wanted to know all this stuff ... LOL!

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »
 a tip for any that may find his or herselfs planning to climb Nanshan, presently there is only two stairways, plan between 2 & 4 hours depending on how often & long you stop at the many nothing do at places to stop, mostly just the well maintained foot path, a few restrooms, picnik tables scattered about & a small shop at the top observation area.
but...
The steps above `Sea World are Much, Much less vertical! The steps pictured are near non stop stairs with small leval areas every 5 to 30 steps, I've not gone up that direction & really hope to never have to attempt it.
If planning for the lovely workout of walking along the path up, alont the top ridge & down Nanshan mountain.
The way I've taken 3 times is steep & has at least `Esy over a tousnd steps too... but that way has many nice rest stops oing up or down, observation platforms, tables, pagodas & just plain more places to use theview as a good excuse to stop 7 get a breath.

Much less difficult a climb if you begin on the `Sea World end.
Walk straight up the road across from Doncan Donuts & turn left at the Nanshan Scenic area sign.
  ababababab It Is a nice walk with great views  bfbfbfbfbf

At the National Tropical botanical Garden in Kauai, where I hung out at quite a lot in my past life, they had a wonderful Ceiba tree, that one has always been one of my favorite trees anywhere cause of its cool shape, great defence & lovely flowers...

I was pleased to see so many planted here in Shenzhen along streets & other green filled places. Those first pics are along a low use sidewalk amongst many other types of flowering trees & bushes, that tree is in great shape, I'll go back for more pics someday as I like how the photos come out.
Here are a few pics of the same kind tree lining the busy street fronting Shekou Wal-Mart, these aren't in as good of shape but still
`CooL  ababababab

Lovely flowers..
akakakakak

bjbjbjbjbj

be a bummer crash into one without a car around yer bod...

aoaoaoaoao

agagagagag

of yea, in the sunrise pic, the bridge is on the far right of the pic, not the left.  bibibibibi
me pappy sayd... 

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 05:28:31 PM »
Reminders of my old home... How come the air was never that clean while I lived there?  asasasasas

The statue of the tourist couple holding the naked baby was really close to my last two apartments.

And those thorny trees aren't very nice when you've been drinking.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 12:01:10 AM »
Fabulous flowers.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 09:53:29 AM »
I've seen this scene in so many Chinese cities.  It's amazing how the weather allows good photography every now and then.  Even when the air is murky, the chance for good photos is there and is aided by having a good camera and good photo-editing software.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 05:39:13 PM »
A nice study on urban life at a bus stop.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 09:59:14 PM »
The girl in purple must have been waiting for a rare bus.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 01:42:05 AM »
 mmmmmmmmmm So? Where did the pics go??