Witnessing Violence

• 69 replies
Re: Witnessing Violence
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »
The way some of these ladies HIT the keys on the poker machines, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of even a playful hit. aoaoaoaoao  The boyfriend seems to be enjoying himself though. bfbfbfbfbf ahahahahah

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »
Heard on the news that the Government here in Aussie is looking into making it a criminal offense to walk past someone in trouble without trying to help in some way. aoaoaoaoao  This may include calling the emergency number. Naturally this has opened a can of worms about all the legal aspects. It doesn't say much about us as human beings, but then perhaps it does. ananananan

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2011, 02:42:09 PM »
I have seen plent of foreigners get involved in the middle then take a thrashing for it.
I have been in a few physical altercations myself, the last one involved three guys and the cops were involved. The ringleader took a dislikng to my dog and took a swing at me where he lightly connected. when the cop showed up they lied about their involvment. the cop did not do anything to them, so i had a translator explain to the ringleader that if he ever hassled me again i would toss him out the ninth floor window. the cop did not like what I had said but after explaining that I had tried to do it the right way by talking to him he left me alone. Ever since I have not had a problem with the guys.
Another time I was at a bar with eight guys looking to do me in. I knew I was done for so I sat there smiling at the ringleader. I made no aggresive moves and just kept smiling, I will admit a bit wildly. After the yelled themselves out they went away.
Always keep your back to ythe wall I say, i figure if I am gonna get it I am gonna take out the ringleader if it is the last thing I do.

Paul

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2011, 08:28:28 PM »
Heard on the news that the Government here in Aussie is looking into making it a criminal offense to walk past someone in trouble without trying to help in some way. aoaoaoaoao  This may include calling the emergency number. Naturally this has opened a can of worms about all the legal aspects. It doesn't say much about us as human beings, but then perhaps it does. ananananan

That's been the law in France for a long time.  I'm all for it.  But you're right:  it's a sad comment on people.

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »
A while back i was on a site full of douchenozzles that have a hateon for china and there was a guy describinghis beatdown from a fewfellas he was apparently trying to help. In his description he was just going on and on with the most racist of comments and I believe he was wanting people to support his bile. I asked him if his attitude had anything to do with him being beaten up and was instantly labeled all sorts of unflattering thing. My original point was that maybe he had somewhat contributed to what happened to him but I guess personal responsibility is thrown out the window when coming here. As far as I know I am still  being belittled over there but I stick to my assertion that maybe he should discover what his role in it was.
I really believe that because we are a minority here we need to be extra cautious when getting involved in things. I saw one foreigner step into a fight between a guy and a group of attackers only to be turned on by everyone even the guy who was being attacked. I really do not think any Chines person will step in for a foreigner if there is a fight for a few reasons. They will be labelled traitors to the country for one, they will have to explain things to the police which I am sure they do not want to do and there is a certain amount of fear.
I think the best thing to do and it sounds defeatist is to keep your head down, mind your ps and qs and remeber that you are ultimately alone in a country of 1.3 billion people. bibibibibi

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 11:19:24 AM »
Perhaps it's as well that I'm not able to be in China. As with everything I do, I always say that I have to live with the knowledge of what I have or have not done. What anyone else thinks has no real bearing on that. I would be haunted night and day if I did not step in and help someone and I don't even stop and think about it. I have had many instances where I have intervened . I don't  discriminate, I always help. Yeah! I know that one day I may be seriously hurt, but that would be easier to come to terms with than walking away. I also understand that we are all different and this just happens to be who I am. bfbfbfbfbf

AMonk

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2011, 01:18:41 PM »
.... I also understand that we are all different and this just happens to be who I am.

And THAT is why we akakakakak you Granny.
Moderation....in most things...

xwarrior

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2013, 04:26:50 AM »
Today was a sunny day but not everybody was happy. As I passed a cellphone shop a customer remonstrated with the manager and then whacked him in the chest.

While dragging my camera out of its bag I managed to change the setting to 'Movie' and a 'movie camera it ain't.' Especially in what it hopefully refers to as '3D'. The few photos that follow are snapshots taken from the very short video.

The customer kept up a barrage of abuse. The manager moved down the street and looked like he was calling the Police ... while the man picked up a platic stool:

The manager looked up and saw the man running at him. He looked around for an exit:

The idiot decided to run in my direction:

My viewfinder locked on to this sight:

I moved on ... at some speed as I was not sure if he had switched targets.

Postscript: Within a minute the pair of them were standing together on the road. They flagged down a taxi and disappeared down the street. Presumably, they had arrived at some kind of Chinese solution to the problem.

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2013, 12:55:55 PM »
Wow xwarrior! I wish I understood modern technology and could take film of such interesting things. I'd love to know how these guys arrived at a solution so quickly. Thanks for taking the time to show it to us. agagagagag

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
in the uk, the pm has introduced a 'good samaritan' law, so if you hurt someone by accident when trying to help, you cant be 'done' for it.
china is a backward beast, but its progress is lightening fast, another 10 years and attitudes should be more 'acceptable' to the likes of us!
of course, to them, we are the ones in the wrong! trying to help, thats crazy talk!