Qingdao pics

• 6 replies
Qingdao pics
« on: October 13, 2009, 03:13:01 AM »
I hope this works...  bfbfbfbfbf

The forbidden City, only got to drive by it in the Taxi.  Looks magnificent in person.

My Coworker and GF signing autographs for some students in our office.  The kids want autographs from her and I because we are the first foreign teachers in this county.  There are literally no other foreigners here.  In fact the local news is doing a segment on us that will aire next week.  They already filmed our classes, did a interview and came into our home to know more personal stuff like the type of food we eat, what we cook ect...  They were interested in that we are trying to learn their language as well.

Corn on the streets of the city we live in.  They harvest it, pick the kernels and set them on the street to dry.  I think they do this because corn is such a stable to the Chinese diet and is probably only grown during a certain time of year.  This helps to preserve it by drying the kernels out so they can eat it year round.  Plus, I dont think the average Chinese has a refridgerator.

Pork on the streets.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/Hous_photos/?action=view&current=CIMG2788.jpg
We went on vacation to Qingdao, a coastal city in Shandong province that is know for its Germanic architecture and Tingtao beer.  The city has occupied by the Germans back in the late 1800's until WWI when the Japanese took control of it.  The city still has alot of German influence in the architecture and the brewery was initial set up by the Germans.  We stopped at a roadside restraunt and just pointed at random items on the menu.  My GF is a American Born Chinese (ABC) and doesn't speak Mandarin or understand the characters.  She speaks Cantonese fluently though.

A German prison from back in the day.

At the park.  A sailboat race for the Olympics was held in Qingdao I believe.  This stone is to commemorate it.

So much Tsingtao beer here.  They sell it in a to go bag for 3rmb, approx 42 cents.

Really cheap pork skewers, now that I think about it 4 pork skewers in China for 10rmb doesn't sound like such a great idea...  LOL, nah it was clearly pork and was delicious!

The Chinese LOVE KFC.  I don't quiet understand but it seems to me KFC is the most popular fast food restaurant chain in China.  KFC or McDonald's.

Qingdao skyline.

McDonald's

We took a lot of pictures here.  Qingdao is a beautiful coastal city.

A [pagoda], i think that's what its called, at the end of a dock with a lot of street merchants.

Street merchants bring a whole seafood restaurant to you on the docks.

Squid on a stick, was actually pretty good.  We ate most of the stuff they sold, but I only regret not trying the starfish...

Guys emptying their crab traps.  They get in a intertube and swim out to the traps, pull them up and kick back to shore where they empty the crabs.  There were a lot of people watching.

Chinese lanterns!  Everynight in Qingdao they set these off on the shore.  You can buy one for 10rmb, like 1.4USD.

A Chinese lantern was blown into a tree!  Luckily neither the lantern or the tree caught on fire but some people were furious.  On guy, dont know who or how he was involved, screamed at one young guy maybe 18 years old who was selling the lanterns.  He told the guy he had to get it down.  The guy doing the screaming then punched him in the back of the head.  Thankfully he was ok and got the lantern from the tree but was noticably shaken.  He stood on the sidewalk yelling at everyone setting off the lanterns from the shore.  I felt really bad for the guy...  He was back selling them the next evening though.

Qingdao coast during the day.

My GF on the red stone over the ocean.

Beautiful building and environment.

agagagagag
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 07:28:35 PM by ChinaChao »

George

• My view of China
Re: Qingdao pics
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 03:26:24 AM »
 ahahahahah ahahahahah mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm
Methinks a leeettle editing is required here, China. Your Av says you are female, but the posting is obviously by a strange male. Lets try again, shall we? ahahahahah ahahahahah

Tip of the day...Hit the "preview" button to check things out, before you post.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 03:31:54 AM »
Yes, I agree with George.  agagagagag  Are you ChinaChao or is your girlfriend ChinaChao?  We always thought it was the girl posting.  mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm

You can't both post using the same user name because we have a special section just for the ladies and another section just for the men.   bibibibibi
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Schnerby

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 04:12:47 AM »
Looks like you two are having a great time.

So, other hald of ChinaChao, why don't you set up an account too? We can't have any boys near the ladies' lounge.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
 bibibibibi
HAHA okay, so I am a girl but I am TOO LAZY to upload all those pics on a server/site other than FaceBook (which is blocked) and Myspace (which is not blocked)... SO when Justin posted on his boxing forum (I'm quite surprised because he would usually  never take the time out to do such a thing)... I just got LAZY and cut and pasted it... I even corrected some of Justin's spelling errors (lol) but anyways, this is ME a girl but I cut and pasted his original post as him... because I am lazy and didn't want to reformat, TYPE out everything... lol yeah, I don't like posting pic links from PhotoBucket... it seems too complicated. lol

Ruth

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 05:25:19 PM »
The pics won't load for me  ananananan but it sounds as if you guys are having a blast.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »
You picked a great city to visit and took some kickass photos of it! bfbfbfbfbf
It's really nice to see more new members sharing pics with us!!! axaxaxaxax
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)