Shucks Casey, why dincha ask here first? Here's a list of inexpensive hostels and guesthouses where I've stayed in HK, or where my buddy stayed and he writes the HK book for Rough Guide.
- Alisan Guesthouse, Flat A, 5/F Hoito Court, Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay (entrance in 23 Canon Street) 2838 0762 http://home.hkstar.com/~alisangh
, rooms $350. Between MTR and bay.
- Bin Man / Clean Hotel in Causeway Bay, run by YoYo who accepts reservations on the phone, visited New Years' 2012. 1/F Central Bldg, 531 Jaffe Rd 2833-2063
These all in Chungking Mansions, 36-44 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui:
- Hawaii Guesthouse, Elevator A, 14/F, 2366 6127, rooms $90-160, always full because it's so cheap, must book ahead.
- New Peking Guesthouse, Elevator A, 12/F, 2723 8320, http://pekhotel.spaces.live.com
, rooms $140-250, also very popular.
- Pay-Less, Elevator A, 7/F, 2369 5525, fax 3119 2666, $160-300.
Mirador Mansions, 56-58 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui. The two below offer shared rooms for as little as $60/night, but bring your ear plugs in case of snorers.
- Cosmic Guesthouse, 12/F, 2369 6669, www.cosmicguesthouse.com
- Garden Hostel, 3/F F4 Mirador Mansion, 2311-1183, $160-260, special features are lockers (bring your own lock), a spacious indoor area for sitting, and a spacious outdoor patio area with a sofa, table, and chairs. They do Phillipino karaoke on Sunday evenings and martial arts on Thursday and Friday evenings.
- Star Guest House www.starguesthouse.com.hk
27238951 6/F 21 Cameron at Chatham
These in Sincere House, 83 Argyle Street, Mongkok (entrance in Fa Yuen Street):
- Dragon Inn Ah Shan, 14/F, 2787 5934, www.dragoninnhk.com
, rooms $280, excellent place, very clean and friendly. Closest to exit D2 between Fa Yuen and Tung Choi street
King Wah, 10/F, 9770 5972 or 9031 5779, email@example.com
, $260, also very good.
- Dragon Hostel, 7/F, 2395 0577, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yes Inn, 11/F, Rialto Mansion, 183 King's Road, Fortress Hill, 2881 7077, www.yesinn.com
. Dorms and doubles, can't remember price but it's a good place, very well run and tidy.