• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The opening of the 2010 Harbin Ice & Snow Festival  (Read 1773 times)

non-dave

• Barfly
    • The Haerbinger
The opening of the 2010 Harbin Ice & Snow Festival
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:29:39 AM »
January 5th was the ¨official¨ opening of the 11th Ice & Snow festival in Harbin and in typical Chinese style there was a gala opening event to which about a thousand VIP´s and government leaders were invited. I somehow wangled an invite and at 3pm in the after noon attended the performace at the Harbin Conference & Convention Center for the ¨5 Continents¨ singing and dancing show.

To be honest, I wasn´t expecting much and was excited to get a free ticket to see the Ice World. I figured sitting through a show and having dinner was going to be a few hours of ¨grin and bear it¨. but it was surprisingly enjoyable!

The performances featured a number of top Chinese celebrities, 3 very tall NBA players, Mariah Carey´s husband and ... Michael Bolton, lip-synching in the flesh. Sadly, no-one knew who he was, but his rendition of Nessun Dorma was pretty damn good. He also did that other song he´s famous for.

The show kept the visuals stimulating with lots of costumes, and a wide variety of dancing types, from the traditional, to the festive, to the erotic. There was something there for everyone! Here are some of the highlights:

You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin

George

• Barfly
    • My view of China
Re: The opening of the 2010 Harbin Ice & Snow Festival
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 04:43:38 AM »
Ah, the glitter!! Could you make the last two shots a little bigger, ND?
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Lotus Eater

• Limboid
  • buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: The opening of the 2010 Harbin Ice & Snow Festival
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 06:38:58 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun!