• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: New here!  (Read 6475 times)

shortygirl

• Ain't Said Much Yet
New here!
« on: June 08, 2007, 04:47:11 PM »
Hi, just want to drop in on you. George sent me! ( is that a good thing?! ;D)

I'm still here in Canada, but I'm hoping that I will join guys in the muddled kingdom in September. I've never used this format of a forum board before, so bear with me if I some insanely simple questions about using some of the functions. And I have never taught before either here at home nor overseas, so go easy on the poking if I some inquiries. Thank you! bjbjbjbjbj

bmbmbmbmbm

moon over parma

• Limboid
Re: New here!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 05:27:59 PM »
Oh, dry up. <from Raoul>

cheekygal

• Limboid
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »
welcome, shorty!  bfbfbfbfbf Enjoy your stay. It is always a good thing to be sent by George. Especially because... HE IS BUYING THE NEXT 5 ROUNDS!!!!  jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj

The Clan

• Barfly
  • The Clan....hence the name.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 07:03:44 PM »
Welcome!!!! It is good not to be the newbie now. bfbfbfbfbf
GO BIG - OR GO HOME!!

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • Benevolent Despot
  • 八九不离十
    • BeijingDaze
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 08:12:44 PM »
welcome darling...

think of this place as your friendly neighborhood local with a few singularities... beware what's under the table for Stil tends to lurk there. Avoid George's stool and I don't mean the object you rest your rear end on  afafafafaf afafafafaf
last but not least, we do not accept any type of credit cards around here... cash only baby

however, being that you're new, the first round is on Phets... it's been a while since anything went on her tab and that Dom Perignon she enjoys is costing folks a lot of money...  agagagagag

enjoy yourself jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj

P.S: spanking are handled by yours truly... don't let anyone lead you to believe otherwise cbcbcbcbcb cbcbcbcbcb cbcbcbcbcb
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the 'Jing: http://beijingdaze.com

George

• Barfly
    • My view of China
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 01:42:32 AM »
G'day Shorty. Glad you made it. Welcome aboard. Take no notice of any derisive comments about me. They are all jealous of my seniority, superiority and ageless wisdom. I also possess the only sense of humour around here, although Stil tries hard. Good luck job-hunting, and remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question!... Unless you are Phets or LT!!!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

phets72

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 02:12:48 AM »
Welcome!

cheekygal

• Limboid
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 02:47:39 AM »

I think those Hoganlanders and American's are getting a little out of hand here. 

Yes, they mess up the vowels!  ahahahahah

Eagle

• Limboid
    • Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 03:34:51 AM »
Welcome shorty from another citizen from canuckstan.  There are enough of us here to add some culture and civilized behaviour.  As for George, he is a kindly OLD geezer and is relatively harmless as long as you keep your distance - drool can be quite unpleasant.  One thing to be wary of ... the USAnians ... they still are trained.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

George

• Barfly
    • My view of China
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 03:41:11 AM »
the USAnians ... they still are trained
Surely you mean.....IN TRAINING!!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Eagle

• Limboid
    • Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 03:42:52 AM »
Sorry for the typo, old man (mon vieux), I meant "not trained".
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • Despot in Absentia
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 04:23:19 AM »
Welcome indeed, Shote-stuff!  agagagagag

I think it kind of helps that we're really not like some of the other inferior forum choices out there, where many of the denizens seem to feel that they sprang from the womb as experts on EVERY aspect of living in China, and that anyone not so equipped is there for their derision and abuse and egocentrism.
ALL of us have been newcomers, both to China and to the forum. ALL of us still have vast amounts we don't know about China. And we have a soft spot here for people who are just starting the process themselves.  ajajajajaj

We even have a lot of tolerance here for Irwins, Marmite-Munchers, Maple Niggahs, and others who cling to their quaint, wig-powdered, Queen-infested, non-world-standard local variants of "English". 'Cause that's just the kind of guys we are.  bfbfbfbfbf
uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

babala

• Barfly
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 04:30:50 AM »
Welcome Shorty (from another fellow Canuck). I've been having trouble sleeping lately so I'm the one with my head on the bar, drooling slightly. Just give me a nudge and I'll wake up, down my gin and tonic and be up for a chat.
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

Newbs

• Barfly
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 07:32:55 AM »
G'day Shorty and what MOP said. 

Please do take very serious notice of all the derisive comments made about George, and strewth, there are lots of them here.  Have a pijiu on me. agagagagag

AMonk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 08:04:08 AM »
Hello, Shorty! and Welcome to the Crazy Bin Saloon!
Moderation....in most things...