are you using 'chrome' in china?

• 7 replies

ting

are you using 'chrome' in china?
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:17:44 PM »
Any users here, living in china, using 'chrome' (by GOOGLE) browser?  am curious, interested and may try it out but would appreciate comments.  thanks

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
Re: are you using 'chrome' in china?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:27:37 PM »
I'm using it and i love it. I used to be a firefox fan but i had a lot of time out issues with it. With chome i have no issues. I use ff now only if i need to use a proxy for a web site.
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

Foscolo

• Boom boom!
    • ELTpublishing
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 04:36:53 AM »
I tried out the beta version (in non-geek-speak that means a testing version that may still have a few minor problems) and found it OK. I understand it's now just out of beta.

The only problem I have is that the Mozilla Foundation who are behind Firefox did the world a huge favour in providing an improved, more secure and open-source alternative to Microsoft's Internet Explorer. It will be kind of a shame if everybody dumps them in favor of Chrome which, despite being open-source, is still the product of a global corporation which already has too much power and influence to be healthy for the internet.
Free stuff for teaching English with jokes: ESLjokes.net.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 06:22:37 AM »
I use chrome almost exclusively now. Simple but fast and doesn't get in the way. It could handle downloads better and has no add-ons.

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 07:48:28 AM »
My problem with Firefox is that its development has been getting sloppier, and the jumps from 2-3 were too fast. They are getting to Microsofty/Apple in rushing out new versions before they're perfected, post-beta testing. I haven't switched to Chrome. Yet...
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

synthette

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 05:26:42 PM »
I used Mozilla and then Firefox for years with no problems. Then upgraded 6 months ago, and the browser kept crashing every few seconds. Still happened when I uninstalled it and reinstalled the older version.
Now back on good old Netscape, even though it's no longer supported. But it's fast, stable, and it works.
Might give Chrome a try though..........

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 11:32:27 PM »
installed it 2 weeks ago on some of the PCs at work and it's been a champ... pretty darn stable and fast but a bit of a memory hog.

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

fox

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »
interesting that you say you have noticed chrome hogging the memory.  The same was my experience with firefox. I use them both now. but my preference is going towards chrome for speed. Its never let me down so far.  Im still addicted to ff though and cant prise myself away from it totally - i got used to the addons.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.