Recruiter Questions

• 18 replies

rabbit

Recruiter Questions
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:09:28 PM »
Who has ever dealt with this recruiter aoyuantianyu  (dontgothere@tom.com ) ?
Her name is Anna. She is working for Beijing Aoyuan Tianyu International Education Consultation Ltd.This recruiter has a lot of positions all over china. Is it profiled recruiter or not? bibibibibi
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:24:29 PM by Raoul Duke »

rabbit

Re: Recruiter Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:18:10 PM »
Recruiter:Nancy (dontgothere@126.com ) profiled or not?  she has a lot of posts on chinese job sites. Have you ever dealt with her?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:22:59 PM by Raoul Duke »

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 08:21:11 PM »
You aren't supposed to post email addresses. It would look like YOU are advertising :) What is PROFILED? Generally we advise to stay away from recruiters.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 08:24:12 PM »
What Cheeky said.  Don't deal with recruiters  llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll

Spend some time reading some of our old posts.  It should help you understand about job hunting in China. 
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 08:25:04 PM »
What we told you on your last post.  NO RECRUITERS  llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

AMonk

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »
...... Is it profiled recruiter or not? bibibibibi

Rabbit, the Saloon doesn't have "profiled recruiters" and/or "non-profiled" ones.  Recruiters, in general, are NOT approved of here.  (Don't get Raoul started about this). kkkkkkkkkk

While some Members have had positive experiences with some recruiters, others have not.  Quite the contrary.  The general opinion and stance is that we can find our own jobs without the intermediary.  And we NEVER pay any agency fees!!

If you locate a potential employer that seems interesting, run them past us.  If we have any knowledge (good, bad or indifferent), you may be sure that we'll pass it along.  Then you can deal directly with him/her, from a position of empowerment. ababababab

Moderation....in most things...

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 09:48:41 PM »
Aaaaaiiiiggh! aoaoaoaoao

Rabbit, if you'll dig around a bit, you'll find a pretty negative stance toward recruiters on this forum...ESPECIALLY from me.

To sum up what you can find details on elsewhere...

- They're dodgy. Too many horror stories coming from recruiters. They add a risk factor you really don't need.

- They tout crappy jobs- low salaries, bad locations, schools with bad reputations, and other places that really need help finding gullible foreign faces to work there.

- They're unnecessary. With a few hours on the internet, a Golden Retriever can generally find more teaching jobs in China than they could shake a stick at. Chinese EFL teaching jobs aren't at all like jobs at home...they're much, much easier to find.

So...why go there?

The only time I might  recommend using a recruiter would be for someone who isn't a native speaker, AND isn't Caucasian, AND has no degree or diploma of any kind, AND has no teaching experience whatsoever. Such a person has, on the surface at least, very little to attract most employers in China.
They're also open targets for the worst kind of exploitation and abuse...a process in which some recruiters have been known to willingly participate. If someone simply MUST teach in China, and can only find a job through this route, they should at least know that they are taking an enormous risk.

Ignore recruiters, their ads, and their e-mails. Deal ONLY directly with schools.
The schools in China are bad enough all by themselves. Don't add more sleaze to the mix. ayayayayay
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 10:00:07 PM »
RD, rabbit is a non-native speaker...

AMonk

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 11:30:59 PM »
But, if my memory serves me, does have a (Bachelor) degree and 2 years experience.....

rabbit

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 12:50:27 AM »
But, if my memory serves me, does have a (Bachelor) degree and 2 years experience.....
yeah, dear friend, your memory does serve you !!! you comments lead to what?...

AMonk

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 12:59:58 AM »
I was referring back to Raoul's commentary
The only time I might  recommend using a recruiter would be for someone who isn't a native speaker, AND isn't Caucasian, AND has no degree or diploma of any kind, AND has no teaching experience whatsoever. Such a person has, on the surface at least, very little to attract most employers in China.

Acjade

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 01:12:47 AM »
Recruiters ought to be stood up outside a primary school lavatory yard and made to clean them every recess. With their heads. Especially the foreigners who have crossed to the other side. Then be buggered with the toilet brush and then flushed then to a heavily unemployed suburb, say Western suburbs, Melbourne and there to be given jobs as lollipop people on the Tullamarine Freeway before working their way downward to Dante's 10th hell. Recruiters of academic flesh. There may they walk through the paddocks of stinking effluence disgorged by their former masters.

rabbit

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 01:14:17 AM »
What Cheeky said.  Don't deal with recruiters  llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll

Spend some time reading some of our old posts.  It should help you understand about job hunting in China. 
Thank You my God! i did it before. now i really don't believe to recruiters.
But don't forget some recruiters pass off themselves as language schools.
let's take Tianshuo recruiter in Changchun, they often write Foreign Language school to advertise their positions.  :lickass: cheaters)))

rabbit

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 01:25:08 AM »

Ignore recruiters, their ads, and their e-mails. Deal ONLY directly with schools.
The schools in China are bad enough all by themselves. Don't add more sleaze to the mix. ayayayayay
[/quote]
Thank you for your comment. yeah, some of schools in China are really bad, but not all of them.  agagagagag

rabbit

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 01:38:22 AM »
I was referring back to Raoul's commentary
i think that such non-natives ,you mentioned above,are not involved in teaching at all, they are doing other jobs and maybe earn more money than teachers, who knows...
don't recommend recruiters to anyone... llllllllll
deal with schools only agagagagag