Podcasts?

• 3 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Podcasts?
« on: October 28, 2008, 09:35:40 AM »
Ventured into the world of Podcasts today...yeah, I know, it took long enough...

Anyway. Some of the Podcasts I subscribed to have an exclamation point (!) in the left margin, and don't respond at all to any controls. What does this mean? "It's dead, Jim", or just awaiting new content?
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: Podcasts?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:08:59 PM »

click on the exclamation point and it will tell you what the problem is... either it's no longer there or you have not accessed it in a long time so itunes stopped downloading them automatically.

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 12:04:51 AM »
Thanks, 'Noles. They're all things I just subscribed to, so probably already gone under.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:32:48 AM »
Thanks, 'Noles. They're all things I just subscribed to, so probably already gone under.

not necessarily... it could be that those particular podcasts have been deemed "unfit" for the mainland and thus are somewhat uhm.. uhm... you know..  llllllllll
had that about 4 months ago where the ESPN podcasts and the Europe 1 news would not download automatically.. eventually, they started coming back.

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com