My new digs

• 73 replies
Re: My new digs
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 04:52:51 AM »
He charges????

Yes...but the price varies according to who is doing the hiring afafafafaf

Teach them?? Why? I haven't needed a female presence to clean up my home since the tender age of 15. Besides, I do believe there are more interesting activities one could indulge in when it comes to interacting with the fairer sex than teaching them how to use a hoover.

Well, I'm guessing Cheeky is carrying around a future comedian, that would explain it.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 05:19:34 AM »
I was going to invite ETR here to play domestic god, but... had students here all afternoon, went to the bathroom and .... the toilet lid is UP!!!  Why don't fellas know how to put the lid down?

ETR, please add photo of your toilet and let me see if you know how to close a lid.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 06:32:09 AM »
Teach them?? Why? I haven't needed a female presence to clean up my home since the tender age of 15. Besides, I do believe there are more interesting activities one could indulge in when it comes to interacting with the fairer sex than teaching them how to use a hoover.

Most don't need a hoover and just because you learned how to clean your own pipes at 15 doesn't mean you shouldn't let others have a go once in awhile. Learn to let others help you Morty. It makes them feel good.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 06:34:29 AM »
I was going to invite ETR here to play domestic god, but... had students here all afternoon, went to the bathroom and .... the toilet lid is UP!!!  Why don't fellas know how to put the lid down?

ETR, please add photo of your toilet and let me see if you know how to close a lid.

Had a bunch of girls in my apartment today. I went in to use the toilet and the lid was down. Why can't chickies learn to put the lid up?

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 07:04:19 AM »
Because it is meant to be DOWN!!!  bibibibibi bibibibibi bibibibibi llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 09:01:06 AM »

Had a bunch of girls in my apartment today. I went in to use the toilet and the lid was down. Why can't chickies learn to put the lid up?

You had a bunch of girls in your apartment and you were thinking about the toilet? Clearly you are not the man I thought you were. kkkkkkkkkk

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »
We were done

old34

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »
By whom?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 04:38:27 PM »
As promised, the pics of the rest of the apartment. The last photographs I was able to take before that treacherous, blasted camera died on me. \

First the bedroom. I am still amazed at how making your bed is not something that comes as natural to people as breathing. It is immensely disagreeable to come home to rumpled sheets and pillows in need of a good fluffing.

The office part of the bedroom. A desk should be tidy IMO.

Pardon the clothing pins on the floor. I meant to pick them up and take a new pic, but was unable to due to electronic difficulties.

Finally, the bathroom. As is evident, the toilet lid is down as it should be. It is a nasty habit to leave it up all the time. You walk in, turn on the light and the first thing you see is a toilet bowl, it's horrible.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 04:42:20 PM »
You shouldn't leave the book open like that, it's bad for it's spine.

Where is your book mark?
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »
It's a cheap copy of Jules Verne that was left in my apartment. Bookmark...I don't use bookmarks.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 04:48:32 PM »
You a torture books for fun?
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 04:52:45 PM »
I'm a bit worried about the clothes cupboard. The rack doesn't look too safe.

TOTALLY agree re the toilet seat!!  Not so sure about the desk though (given I have stuff all over mine!! aoaoaoaoao). I see no printer, laminator, folders, magnifying glasses to read the tiny print in Chinese dictionaries, pen lids looking for missing pens, post-its reminding you of things to do, desk calendars, desklamp with soft toy animals on it.  Where is all this useful stuff that is meant to go on desks??

Bookmarks are good.  Folding corners, breaking spines makes librarians VERY sad!!

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2008, 04:57:31 PM »
No, I use a notebook. I usually have about 5 books going at the same time, so I write down the title and, whenever I stop reading, jot down the page number. I don't torture books. Except cheap copies of Jules Verne where the names of the characters have been thoughtlessly mis-spelled and there are even a couple of chapters missing. Not exactly a volume of great, if any, value.

I don't use libraries in China, hence the bookcase in the living room. All the useful stuff is in the right place, namely the drawers in the desk. Organized and tidy, as they should be. The rack in the wardrobe is actually quite sturdy. There are even more clothes hanging on it now and not a creak has been heard to indicate any unbearable strain on said rack.

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2008, 05:25:50 PM »
So, Stil, when are you posting pictures of YOUR apartment?  afafafafaf