What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??

• 1187 replies
Re: What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2008, 05:21:06 PM »
The Masterplan from Oasis

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2008, 01:32:42 AM »
So i use iTunes as my music player app. I downloaded the new one, version 8. This Genius setting it has is well... genius. While i do make mixed play lists, I've always had a hard time just downloading one song. I listen to albums. What this means is i have gigs and gigs of music on my hard drive that i really haven't listened to. Now you can make smart play list to listen to them in a rotation but that is using the tags and on any rock album you might have fast and slow songs that work for the album but not for a mix. This Genius play list is taking your song information and others, correlating it then playing other songs from your library that match the song you picked. it's very, very good.

There is a kind of Skynet feeling about the whole thing though.

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2008, 08:21:52 PM »
 I hear you Still. It's so cool it's scary, eh? aoaoaoaoao

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2008, 09:43:26 PM »

Death Magnetic is in da hisa... heavy, heavy, heavy so far... the bass is kicking ass
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #229 on: September 13, 2008, 02:44:06 AM »
Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen; A collection of their mp3s that someone uploaded on the pirate bay. I don't think it was one solid album. Awesome stuff.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 02:54:22 AM by Spaghetti »
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2008, 10:03:37 AM »
 Always been a huge Stones fan, but for some reason Sticky Fingers has always eluded me. WOW. Downloaded it today, and behind Let it Bleed and Exile on Main Street it is probably their third best work. This was a great era for them.

« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2008, 11:53:13 PM »
Listening to Manau. A french band that used to be popular in France about 10 years ago. It' still as good.  bfbfbfbfbf

Rediscovering a lot of old stuff at the moment. See "I'm happy" thread.

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #232 on: September 16, 2008, 12:10:32 AM »
 New Metallica album. The world just became a slightly better place.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #233 on: September 16, 2008, 06:38:41 AM »
New Metallica album. The world just became a slightly better place.

really? I'm still trying to come to terms with it after 4 or 5 listens... I hate the drums and the vocals so far but I love the guitars and bass! I can't actually recall the last time I listened to an album where the drums and the bass were so out of sync.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:04:43 AM by Nolefan »
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #234 on: September 16, 2008, 07:36:15 AM »
 Only one listen for me, so maybe I'm a little over excited. A lot of really long songs, but very heavy. Not old school, but I don't think we'll ever see that Metallica again (except in concert of course). Building on the direction they started with St. Anger.

Fair to say that with the exception of "That Was Just Your Life" and "Judas Kiss" not a lot of tracks stay with you after they end. I'll play it a lot over the next couple weeks and render a final verdict.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #235 on: September 17, 2008, 10:17:21 PM »
I kissed a girl - Katy Perry

I wish i was a punk rocker - Sandi Thom
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

Schnerby

« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2008, 02:03:43 AM »
I kissed a girl - Katy Perry

I wish i was a punk rocker - Sandi Thom

Both songs make me want to  aaaaaaaaaa (sorry, Bugs!!)

I spent a train trip today listening to 'Edge of Seventeen'. It was playing through the speakers of the smallest emo kid I have ever seen. He was tiny and probably about 13 but he had the whole eyeliner and hair-brushed-over-the-eyes-cos-I'm-so-emo look. He was nowhere near the edge of 17 and the look on his face made me struggle to stifle a laugh. He was concentrating so intensely with a look of absolute awe for Stevie Nicks. Funny, funny kid.

So, to comment on this thread, I had my ear-thingies in but no music on. I was enjoying watching this kid too much.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2008, 05:08:26 AM »
Hehe well remember i'm not in australia so i dont have to listen to it over and over again all day. They just randomly come up on my player so it's all good :D
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

babala

« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2008, 07:04:54 AM »
Okay, big geek coming on. I'm listening to Miley Cyrus. I like the new album. Go Hanna Montana!  afafafafaf
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

Riz

« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »
My Australian mate is bringing me Metallica's Death Magnetic next week. I can't buy it here. I have asked him to buy " Echoes" by Pink Floyed for me as well.
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Short and funny quotes, Winston Churchill.