What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??

• 1187 replies

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
Re: What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2008, 01:38:32 AM »
That's a great album.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2008, 03:25:02 AM »
On my MP4, Maroon 5.

On my tv at the moment is the Live Aid concert from 1985 and later i will put on the Live Earth concert from last year. It's a bit of a worry though i know more of the bands from the '85 concert than i do from the '07 concert, oh well probably a good way to get exposed to some new music.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:34:44 AM by Bugalugs »
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »
On my MP4, Maroon 5.

On my tv at the moment is the Live Aid concert from 1985 and later i will put on the Live Earth concert from last year. It's a bit of a worry though i know more of the bands from the '85 concert than i do from the '07 concert, oh well probably a good way to get exposed to some new music.

I love the Live Aid concert. 1984-86 were great years for activism and music. And wasn't that one of Queen's last concerts?
"All young people need somebody bad to look up to and I hope I can be that for you tonight. "

John Waters

« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2008, 03:13:07 PM »
Just got this crazy CD with a gift certificate from work. It's Brian Eno & David Byrne's My life in the Bush of Ghosts. It was an experiment they released in 1981. I love both of the artists originally and was interested in how they wanted to create a CD that never included either of their distinct voices. Highly, highly recommend it. More info about the CD and it's influence can be found at http://bushofghosts.wmg.com/home.php. For those in Suzhou, I'd be happy to make you a copy.
"All young people need somebody bad to look up to and I hope I can be that for you tonight. "

John Waters

« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »
Finally listened to the Tori Amos CD I bought way back.  I may have to forfeit my Man Card for saying this, but it's fantastic!  I'd have to be in the right mood to hear it, but that's true of pretty much all music.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2008, 10:48:38 PM »
I watched a movie called "Love in the Time of Cholera' and there were two amazing songs that I wanted so I downloaded soundtrack.  Turns out the singer was Shakira and I still love the songs, which are sung in whatever language Shakira can sing in.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2008, 07:04:07 AM »
I watched a movie called "Love in the Time of Cholera' and there were two amazing songs that I wanted so I downloaded soundtrack.  Turns out the singer was Shakira and I still love the songs, which are sung in whatever language Shakira can sing in.

Espanol

John Waters

Martin

• It aint much if it aint Dutch
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2008, 03:18:41 AM »
Harldy ever use my mp3, but the latest addition the 'My Music' folder on my slapper is Putumayo; Putumayo Grooves and Putomayo Lounge. If you haven't heard of it, go download some! It's great.
No such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing

« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2008, 10:32:11 PM »
Chingon. Robert Rodriguez band, don't understand what they are singing about but it sure is good.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2008, 10:48:03 PM »
I'm quite found of songs en espagnol, I especially love some of the love songs .  The Gypsy Kings are wonderful though I think maybe they're Cuban.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »
Jamshied Sharifi, Beth Nielsen Chapman. 

« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2008, 12:46:51 AM »
I was shopping around for some running music and stumbled upon a band called "Drive-by truckers". Theyr'e actually quite good. Makes it a bit more fun to run around in the rain.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2008, 01:14:48 AM »
I was shopping around for some running music and stumbled upon a band called "Drive-by truckers". Theyr'e actually quite good. Makes it a bit more fun to run around in the rain.

they're really cool and fun, especially live! One of their songs has this piece of lyric in it that i find soooo good:

"I'm going straight to hell, that's what my momma said, I'm going straight to hell"
 agagagagag
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2008, 01:16:25 AM »

I'm slowly recovering from my heavy country phase and slowly sliding into Moroccan blues and French Rap... i'm not sure how that transition took place but it did... so a lot of "hoba hoba spirit" and "MC Solaar"

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2008, 02:43:43 AM »
That drove me a little nuts when I was there.  I kept hearing my Chinese friends talking about an Impysan, and had no idea what it was.  Finally, I was shopping and one of them pointed and said she was thinking of buying that impysan and I saw MP-3 on the box.
 bibibibibi
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com