Shenzhen visa

  • 4 replies
Shenzhen visa
« on: May 21, 2008, 11:17:47 AM »
Do I need to apply in advance for a visa to Shenzhen. How much does it cost? Im flying into Shenzhen not doing the border crossing with Hong Kong. Im British and just planning on visiting a friend for a few days.

Re: Shenzhen visa
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:36:40 PM »
Not sure i understand. You are in china already? and you have a chinese visa?

There is no Shenzhen visa. There is a dirty great barbed wire fence around the place, which you will need to show your passport to pass through, but that's all.
The future's so bright i gotta wear shades

Re: Shenzhen visa
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 02:58:37 PM »
 ahahahahah there is no fence. You'll be alright. And if you have a visa for China, it is indeed good for Shenzhen - it is a special economic zone, but it isn't like HK.

Re: Shenzhen visa
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:02:30 PM »
Sweet! I read on the web that you had to apply in advance and pay some money. Like 450 RMB for us brits. But it seems like what I read was nonsense.

Yes Im already in China and have a valid F visa.

Re: Shenzhen visa
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 06:34:11 PM »
You're probably thinking of the Special Economic Zone visa. China does offer a special visa that is only valid for travel within the special economic zones of the country--can't go anywhere else. If you have any other kind of visa, you can go anywhere you want.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website:
My Taipei travel guide: