ABC School Beijing

• 4 replies

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
ABC School Beijing
« on: May 07, 2007, 09:41:20 PM »
 Got a job offer from these guys that seems pretty good.Did a google search on them and found one review but the site won't open..possibly blocked?Anyone no anything about these guys?

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: ABC School Beijing
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 10:27:14 PM »
The only review I found was an old one on the Spoon...which shows the depths to which I will sink to try and help our members.  uuuuuuuuuu

The review was definitely not good...the usual litany of broken promises and general mistreatment. A few others, including what appears to be our own Babala, indicated they had heard good things about them...at least 2-3 years ago.

Hard to call things like this. The school seems to be old and well-established. I'd take the fact that the internet isn't swarming with the aneurysms of abused former teachers to be a guardedly positive sign.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

AMonk

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:43:24 PM »
DeCurso, if the Google entry IS blocked, then it's not coming from PRC.....I couldn't access the site, either.
Moderation....in most things...

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 11:33:14 PM »
It's quite possible that the site it was on is no more. A lot of EFL sites have been going into casters-up mode lately...
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

babala

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 12:15:48 AM »
From what I understand, the ABC in Beijing is different from the one I was thinking of. There is an ABC training centre in Wuxi. I used to work in the same building as them and knew all their teachers. That was the ABC I was referring to in the post however it came to my attention that there is no connection between that centre and the one in Beijing. My support was for the Wuxi ABC.
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 12:43:18 AM »
Thanks for clearing, Babala. A name does seem to be the most easily stealable thing in China...