Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #660 on: April 05, 2008, 03:17:16 PM »
Just finished watching all the Owen Wilson movies (online) that I could get my paws on. Man, he's so damned funny without even trying. A genius!

Caught up with what's available online with 'Lipstick Jungle' (I love Kim Raver), and have just come across a new show that looks pretty good so far- 'Brothers and Sisters'.
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #661 on: April 05, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »
Lolochan and I are slogging through Heroes and digging it.  Hiro is a scream; I also dig the cop.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #662 on: April 05, 2008, 10:05:04 PM »
I love Heros and I had to promise that I wouldn't watch ahead in the series (even though I sure am tempted to). Hiro is the best and I am always drooling over Nikki/Jessica
"All young people need somebody bad to look up to and I hope I can be that for you tonight. "

John Waters

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #663 on: April 05, 2008, 10:42:29 PM »
almost finished Dead Like Me, it's a shame there were only 2 seasons.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #664 on: April 05, 2008, 11:34:24 PM »
I love Heros and I had to promise that I wouldn't watch ahead in the series (even though I sure am tempted to). Hiro is the best and I am always drooling over Nikki/Jessica

Huh? Has the new series started?
It is too early to say.

« Reply #665 on: April 05, 2008, 11:35:54 PM »
Meanwhile, here are some rather juicy new pics from the New Batman film.

agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
It is too early to say.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #666 on: April 05, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »
Heath Ledger :(
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

« Reply #667 on: April 06, 2008, 12:03:01 AM »
Indeed :( but it does look as if he will be remembered for a truly great Batman film.  I can't wait to see it!
It is too early to say.

« Reply #668 on: April 06, 2008, 01:29:35 AM »
That just looks awesome. Why did Ledger have to die? If they make more Batman movies, they're going to have some trouble finding someone to fill those Joker shoes. From what I have heard, his performance is positively spectacular.

I just bought the entire Star Trek movvie box. Yes, I like Star Trek, even own the complete original series. Nothing beats the good, old Star Trek team.
Going to nurse my hangover with coffee and "The Revenge of Khan"....joyful Saturday.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #669 on: April 06, 2008, 02:05:58 AM »
Agreed.  Have you heard about this new Gilliam film which Ledger was halfway through making when he died?  He will morph into Depp, apparently!
It is too early to say.

« Reply #670 on: April 06, 2008, 02:44:09 AM »
Yeah, he'll morph into Jude Law, Johnny Depp and some third chap. Apparently it has something to do with his character stumbling through mirrors or something. It sounds good. I just hope mr. Gilliam stays on the ball with this one.

I think Leonard Nimoy should get The Coolest Man in the Universe oscar.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #671 on: April 06, 2008, 03:04:37 AM »
Poor Heath....looks like a good movie, but rememeber, this is the movie that killed him (it  was the insomnia that kept him up all night trying to 'get' into character, and after he finished he went on all the sleeping pills). Wayyyyy too young- and my great grandmother died the very next day him too :(.
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #672 on: April 06, 2008, 11:49:44 AM »
Yeah, he'll morph into Jude Law, Johnny Depp and some third chap. Apparently it has something to do with his character stumbling through mirrors or something. It sounds good. I just hope mr. Gilliam stays on the ball with this one.

I think Leonard Nimoy should get The Coolest Man in the Universe oscar.

Gilliam must be the unluckiest director ever.  First he made what was considered one of the biggest turkeys ever with Munchausen (although it's actually a great film), then he did that thing about Don Quixote which was doomed, and now one of his actors died halfway through... Someone up there was very offended by Life of Brian, methinks!
It is too early to say.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #673 on: April 18, 2008, 03:46:56 AM »
Just finished 'The Mighty heart" with Angelina Jolie.  first movie I've seen her in that I really thought she did a good job.  Based on Mariane Pearl's experiences when her journalist husband, Danny Pearl was kidnapped and executed in Pakistan.

Well done movie.

« Reply #674 on: April 18, 2008, 03:55:51 AM »
Last night I watched "Cloverfield", which was absolutely first-rate, and "Black Book", a Paul Verhoeven effort made back in his native Netherlands.  It wasn't bad.  Today I'm going to watch "The Mist".
It is too early to say.