Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #2235 on: August 13, 2018, 09:51:09 PM »
I tried, but my copy self-destructed after 5 seconds. ahahahahah

I'll try to remember to let you know if I get a chance to see it.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2236 on: August 14, 2018, 12:16:43 PM »
Thanks EL. I saw it, but there was too much going on for me to write a precis on it. I wondered if it was just me. bibibibibi

« Reply #2237 on: August 16, 2018, 10:44:42 PM »
The Wailing - 곡성 - (2016)

Korean. Probably a masterpiece. Might need to be watched twice. (Much of the story is hidden in plain sight.) And they call it horror but maybe I'm jaded in my media consumption because it seemed more like a drama with murdered people. In fact, if you go in expecting gore and monsters, aka "horror", you'll see some, but you may miss, as I did, the allegory and fantasy elements.

Worth it tho.

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

(And likely on a second viewing to become  bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf)
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #2238 on: August 22, 2018, 02:52:04 AM »
Ocean's 8 (2018)

I think what they did wrong was no opponent. In all the other Ocean's movies there's a heist, sure, but an antagonist as well. 8 is supposed to have had but [spoiler] has zero ability to respond in any antagonistic form so pffft, and we end up with a very low stakes robbery story instead. Would have been boring whether the characters were male or female.

awawawawaw awawawawaw
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2239 on: August 22, 2018, 03:33:33 PM »
Ocean's 1

Mr. Ocean gets bored and shoplifts a bag of potato chips from a convenience store.  ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2240 on: August 23, 2018, 12:37:35 PM »
 "The Darkest Minds" This movie had Science fiction themes and violence. A group of teens form a resistance group to fight back to claim control pf their future. For some reason, the adult world feared everyone under 18 and young folk were imprisoned.  I must admit that I got lost along the way, but perhaps that's just me. bibibibibi Has anyone else seen it?

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2241 on: August 23, 2018, 07:37:59 PM »
Back when I was in middle school, it felt like prison.  Then they put tall fences all the way around the school just to let me know I wasn't imagining things.

The only flaw I can see with the described movie plot is that if a bunch of 16 year olds took over, they'd just end up oppressing people young and older than themselves, which really wouldn't me much of an improvement.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2242 on: August 25, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
Saw "THE BOOKCLUB" yesterday. It is listed as having coarse language and sexual references. There were a few guys in a theatre of mainly older women. There was a lot of laughing going on. I think that they were interested in the fact that the women in the club were reading "Fifty shades of grey" and sequels. afafafafaf To be honest, I think it would basically be boring for many males.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2243 on: August 27, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »
The movie does sound a little boring.  On the other hand, meeting a group of women who are reading all about how fun it is to spank and be spanked has interesting possibilities.

cbcbcbcbcb
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2244 on: August 28, 2018, 12:08:22 PM »
EL, that is probably why the men came to the movies with their partners. afafafafaf uuuuuuuuuu

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2245 on: August 29, 2018, 04:29:36 PM »
Guess I could pick up a copy of the movie and invite some female friends over for movie night. afafafafaf
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2246 on: September 01, 2018, 12:24:22 PM »
Saw "CRAZY RICH ASIANS" yesterday at the movies. With an almost all Asian cast and the Asian culture in the spotlight, I found it different from the way most movies are presented. It has been given very good ratings here. Has anyone there seen it?

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2247 on: September 03, 2018, 04:22:11 PM »
Haven't seen it yet.  Unless something really needs the big-screen treatment, I usually wait for a good qualify DVD or for it to be available on the movies on my cable TV plan.

Alien 1979 Theatrical Release.  I finally got my beautiful daughter to agree to watch it.  What she didn't know is that I'd managed to get my lovely wife to order a plush version of a facehugger.  Just when the examination of Cain's firmly attached friend began, my wife slipped out, got the facehugger, and came back to collapse on the couch.

Sadly, the plush version is more cute than scary, but my daughter did appreciate the gesture.

And Sigourney Weaver was, as always, excellent to watch.  I've still never forgiven the alien for interrupting Ripley's efforts to undress in the shuttle.  I had to wait until 1986's Half Moon Street to see the rest of the clothing come off. afafafafaf 
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2248 on: September 04, 2018, 12:26:26 PM »
Pardon my ignorance EL, but what is "a plush version of a facehugger"? :wtf:

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2249 on: September 04, 2018, 04:05:24 PM »
EscapedLunatic.com