We Got 'GONGED!

• 80 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: We Got 'GONGED!
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 09:25:38 AM »
I wouldn't worry...not smoking and drinking won't instantly brand you as a religious nutjob. It didn't in the case of the 'wipe that launched this story...he had to quack like a duck before being revealed as a duck.

And don't sweat the dyslexia thing. Errors are actually tolerable, especially if you don't happen to be an English teacher. We do ping on the English teachers sometimes, as well we should, and we've had some "I'am Gods' gift to teach'ing!" cases that have gotten deservedly pounded, but if you aren't teaching Math then it's OK to assert that 2 plus 2 equals 5. agagagagag

And finally, by all means take no guff whatsoever from George. He ain't exactly Merriam-Webster hisself. uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »
The university at which I am doing my monkey dance is apparently infested with these Gong parasites. One of the real medical type doctor surgeon - western style degree and everything - is one of these mindless suckers out to convert his students. A couple of the students I am teaching kung fu to complain to me at times, but no one can do anything. (I am the only white monkey at a TCM university with a considerable sprinkling of Bony Fido 'real' medical doctors and 'real' western style PhD types in other areas. Makes me wonder. No, actually, it doesn't.)

Another Doctor has started these crying game type group therapy sessions, and people think he is so wonderful that he just got cautioned that he is becoming a cult leader.

But the Farging Gong guy is still bothering students, no nothing. I was asked what do to. I said avoid avoid avoid, since I think that 'disappearing' people is still not legal.

Go figure.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »
Yesterday I was going somewhere with my Chinese teacher.  As I approached the corner to get a taxi a couple of Chinese people said 'Hello'.  Then the man reached inside his jacket and said: "I have a gift for you".  He handed me a set of 3 VCD's about the Chinese New Year's celebration.

I took it and got into the taxi.  My teacher asked me if he could see the CD's.  He said it was Farkin Goong.  I said I knew about them and they were very very bad.

However, curiosity and all that, when I got back home I decided to look at one of the CD's.  I was aware what it was probably about, so I was not an 'innocent ferriner'.  I watched about 5 min, skipped to the next talking part - a white man and a female Chinese.  They panned to the audience which was all 'white folk'.  I then removed the CD, put it back in packaging and put outside into the garbage.

It was loaded with subliminal messages, such as the wise 'father type/god type' figure.  Floating images etc etc.  I have a hunch if someone unaware watched it, then it could have a megga mind trip for them.  aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao

Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 07:18:21 PM »
I've watched some of the VCDs they hand out outside the train station in Hong Kong. Pure garbage; it's unbelievable that anyone could fall for such a load of pseudo-mystical tripe. bibibibibi

FG grew out of DongBei (Changchun, specifically) and still seemed to have its primary Mainland stronghold there. There were lots of cases of recorded phone messages to everyone in town, people caught handing out the materials, and so on. TV and radio broadcast stations in Changchun had armed guards; FG activists had briefly seized some of them in the past.
But the FG does have weasels everywhere. I hope the doctor guy gets "disappeared". asasasasas
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 03:42:09 PM »
So they've got the HK train station too?  I was at the local ferry terminal in March, and it looked like FG HQ.  They outnumbered all the magazine and souvenir vendors about 3:1.  I was planning to wait for a friend there, but ended up retreating to the observation deck near the clock tower to get away from the cult crazies.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »
Soon will be some kind of anniversary. The schools are on alert for anyone - teachers, students - missing classes that day. This week I think it is.

So, don't miss any classes this week.

I hope they get the bastard at my school.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 04:52:40 PM »
The bastards have been a fixture at Hong Kong's Mongkok train station- the station where trains leave for and arrive from the mainland- for years and years. They have a huge semi-permanent tent affair set up just outside the main doors. ffffffffff

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2009, 05:21:39 PM »
Every time I walk by them I wish I had a fire extinguisher.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »
Well, we do always have a bladder with us... bbbbbbbbbb uuuuuuuuuu

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 10:16:05 AM »
The bastards have been a fixture at Hong Kong's Mongkok train station- the station where trains leave for and arrive from the mainland- for years and years. They have a huge semi-permanent tent affair set up just outside the main doors. ffffffffff

Here in New York they are all over Chinatown and Flushing, the city's main Chinese enclaves. But they will often also set up camp at other high traffic places, such as Union Square park. Most of the time they pass fliers. Other times the campaigns are more graphic, with pictures of people bloodied or beaten. On occasion they (or, more often than not, directly controlled groups that do not necessarily openly declare themselves as such) will have some demonstration that will block traffic and generally annoy everyone, such as they had in Flushing a few months ago.

Generally, most people ignore them.
“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2010, 11:31:23 AM »
They also have strong presence on the web llllllllll but, they are easy enough to spot, as Invinctus stated -
the campaigns are more graphic, with pictures of people bloodied or beaten.
If the tell tale signs of bloody beaten bodies isn't so obvious, then you can also sniff them out because their rhetoric is a little bit off.  :wtf:

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2010, 12:44:06 AM »
Of course, the Chinese also use graphic images of burned, beaten, mutilated "victims" of FG... mmmmmmmmmm

mkate

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2011, 03:44:36 AM »
I vote a drinking competition is in order then.

Can I have my lamb well cooked, maybe bbq'ed?  bhbhbhbhbh

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2011, 02:25:40 AM »
 bfbfbfbfbf
ditto

xwarrior

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2011, 03:28:54 AM »
Gee, nikki.... that is the most beautiful grass I have seen since I left New Zealand. Nice to see a photo of grass with something that is not a cow in it  ababababab  agagagagag
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler