• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Clothes washing machine  (Read 204 times)

Calach Pfeffer

• Barfly
Clothes washing machine
« on: August 22, 2017, 11:52:52 AM »
What's a good brand and price range these days? I *might* attempt to buy one. I don't know for sure if I want to preempt the housing office, but I do know the only washing machines around here are freaking old, so....

Well anyway, the upside to living in provided accommodation is fixing a washing machine is as easy as convincing the super to let me swap out one with another from an empty apartment, which is what I did today. Downside is, while the washer I had was crapping out on the spin cycle, the "new" one I have now is actually a lot older. And louder. But (after disinfecting the lint catcher - good lord - and doing three test washes) it works. I just don't know for how long, nor what I'll do when this one craps out too. So, I'm thinking, maybe just buy one (and get the fapiao to the accounting dept post haste).

So, anyone bought one recently?
There is little in history to support the proposition that China was indeed the centre of the Asian universe commanding deference among less civilised states around its periphery...

Escaped Lunatic

• Global Moderator
  • Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Clothes washing machine
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 03:13:53 AM »
I've got an LG.  Can't remember what I paid for it.  Had it for over 7 years now.  It came with a great warranty and needed a couple of minor repairs which were covered.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!
EscapedLunatic.com