This week's avatar: alternate headings

• 2187 replies
Re: This week's avatar: alternate headings
« Reply #765 on: December 13, 2010, 05:27:33 AM »
It is a replica, sitting on the bed of the truck (actually I'm not even sure if it is an exact replica or just a similar looking scene with young revolutionaries and all that, but what you see in the picture is definitely on the truck-bed and not behind the truck). It definitely was really impressive, and one of my favorites of all the floats we saw.

That's for sure not T-Square anyhow though, there's no asphalt in the square!

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #766 on: December 13, 2010, 04:14:50 PM »
"Degenerate perverts celebrate that they've all personally successfully cross-bred with pigs and that the reporter who tried to expose them has been hung in front of a billboard."

Damn Raoul, just how offensive can this get?  mmmmmmmmmm
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

fox

« Reply #767 on: December 21, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »
i recall seeing this one from last year. cmon guys. get snapping/hunting.  i look for the sites avatar to spark off a new day for me .... how sad is that!!  bibibibibi 
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #768 on: December 21, 2010, 09:17:59 PM »
Well, this particular picture is a) drop-dead gorgeous and b) a long-standing tradition here.

There are times when tradition is a good thing, and the Christmas season is arguably one of those times. agagagagag

There are also times when traditions must come to an end, and the cover photo, a feature here since day one over 7 years ago, is probably ending after the New Year. It's a lot of hard work that yields me nothing but bitching and whining, so to Hell with it. asasasasas
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #769 on: December 21, 2010, 11:18:43 PM »

It's a beautiful pic for sure but I always preferred that the more traditional Foreign teacher as Santa pic you used to use. Btw Raoul, did you keep the hat?  aaaaaaaaaa

There are also times when traditions must come to an end, and the cover photo, a feature here since day one over 7 years ago, is probably ending after the New Year. It's a lot of hard work that yields me nothing but bitching and whining, so to Hell with it. asasasasas

7 years is a long time especially for the tech side of accessing the Saloon. It's way more mobile now and that means we always have to pay attention to people looking over our shoulder. I would love the front page avatar to stay but not on every page, so I can open the 'Unread since your last visit' page without worrying about who is looking.

fox

« Reply #770 on: December 21, 2010, 11:23:32 PM »
hahahaha.  nice one stihl.

for sure the current pic is in keeping with the time of year.  its all good.   :lickass:
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #771 on: December 21, 2010, 11:33:18 PM »
Actually, I tried that picture only briefly. It drew a lot of bitching and whining and didn't last long at all. llllllllll

And I never worked with a hat, myself. uuuuuuuuuu afafafafaf

7 years is a long time especially for the tech side of accessing the Saloon. It's way more mobile now and that means we always have to pay attention to people looking over our shoulder. I would love the front page avatar to stay but not on every page, so I can open the 'Unread since your last visit' page without worrying about who is looking.

Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. yyyyyyyyyy
Whatever. I give up. cccccccccc
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #772 on: December 21, 2010, 11:39:35 PM »
I only ever whined about one. (that pig thing still creeps me out! aaaaaaaaaa)

I think it's a great tradition.  We just need to mix in a few "not quite so disturbing" ones with the "please make it stop!!!" ones.
EscapedLunatic.com

Paul

« Reply #773 on: December 22, 2010, 04:09:18 AM »
"Degenerate perverts celebrate that they've all personally successfully cross-bred with pigs and that the reporter who tried to expose them has been hung in front of a billboard."

I just caught this thread by accident, clicking on the wrong link.

I'm shocked. Absolutely shocked! Is this really the kind of saloon I want to be in?

I have a wife and daughter.  I don't want them to know anything about this!  It's all in the past.  How did you find out about me?

« Reply #774 on: December 22, 2010, 12:33:08 PM »

Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. yyyyyyyyyy
Whatever. I give up. cccccccccc

I wish you wouldn't ! I, for one, trust your judgment. bfbfbfbfbf You know the old saying about pleasing some of the people some of the time etc. Anyway thanks very much for the enjoyment you have given to many because of the great variety of pictures you have chosen for us. I certainly would not have the patience to do the great job that you do here at the Saloon. agagagagag

« Reply #775 on: December 22, 2010, 07:21:17 PM »
What GM just said.
When in doubt, consider what you've accomplished with the saloon, and how you've done it. We may be a rowdy, raucous bunch, even obnoxious at times, but we wouldn't be together without you.

BTW, I like EL's suggestion:
We just need to mix in a few "not quite so disturbing" ones with the "please make it stop!!!" ones.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #776 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »

I just caught this thread by accident, clicking on the wrong link.

I'm shocked. Absolutely shocked! Is this really the kind of saloon I want to be in?

I have a wife and daughter.  I don't want them to know anything about this!  It's all in the past.  How did you find out about me?

Standard procedure for new Saloon member applicants is to run a complete background check through all "degenerates" databases worldwide.  That lets us only let in those seriously disturbed people who will fit in with the crowd here. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #777 on: December 24, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
As for the avatar, nobody is  aoaoaoaoao about the kid feeling up mommy's boobies?   mmmmmmmmmm
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #778 on: December 24, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »
As for the avatar, nobody is  aoaoaoaoao about the kid feeling up mommy's boobies?   mmmmmmmmmm

I'm sending you a bill for my monitor.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #779 on: December 26, 2010, 05:29:54 AM »
I'm sending you a bill for my monitor.

What did I do?
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion