*Walks in with head low*

• 5 replies
*Walks in with head low*
« on: November 26, 2007, 02:22:42 PM »
I'm back!

I'm sorry I disappeared off the face of the planet....it's been such a busy year, I'm now halfway through a MA (yay!) and also running the English Dept's English Resource Room (which I'm already tired of). I'm still in Baoji, though contract will be up next June so I'll be looking for a new place. Only because the FAO here is starting to give me the s7%!s uuuuuuuuuu!

I see there's plenty of new faces, hello! How's the oldies of the saloon? So did Raoul's get together get off the ground in May?

I will try not to disappear into oblivion again....try....next year I've cut down on my study so I can, well enjoy LIFE more!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: *Walks in with head low*
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »
Welcome backs Becs.  Is the study interesting?  If you're looking for other places, Xi'an is pretty good for working.

AMonk

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:52:23 PM »
I'm still in Baoji, though contract will be up next June so I'll be looking for a new place. Only because the FAO here is starting to give me the s7%!s uuuuuuuuuu!

Welcome back, Becs!!! agagagagag

Did you want to stay in Baoji (at a different school, of course)?  Or move onto another city/locale?
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 12:16:05 AM »
Welcome back, becs  agagagagag

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 01:47:12 AM »
Hey, thanks for the welcome back :)!

Lotus, yes, the study is great (though I hate grammar with a vengence, dunno how I possibly passed!) but it's sure great to have a 3 month holiday now!

Next year I definately want to try and get work in Xian....but I know the pay is still very crummy there. Still, it's not like having to acquaint myself with a completely new city and there's lots of fun foreigners there. Baoji has treated me well these 2 years though :).

I may start sending out resumes in February- nice and early before everyone else gets in bfbfbfbfbf.
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:37:43 AM »
Glad you're back, Becs.  :-*
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

phets72

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 09:20:29 AM »
Welcome back!