Random Oddities in China

• 26 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Random Oddities in China
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 08:05:24 PM »
The counter evidence to the theory that every activity of every person is being closely monitored is the lack of mass suicides due to boredom among the people doing the monitoring. ahahahahah

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 09:35:18 PM »
technically, if someone really is watching all the time, that's just surveillance. A panopticon is a system where you aren't able to determine whether or not someone is watching but you modify your behaviour anyway because you know they could be. Networked databases are panopticon-by-proxy if they automatically retain surveillance data on the entire population and can be accessed later. That was the whole deal with Prism and Xkeyscore. They weren't databases, they were tools for accessing databases.

In social construction terms, free will is a lot like free speech, useless by itself but generative when coupled with critical filters. You have free speech so that eventually someone will produce novel good speech. You have free will so that eventually someone will build a social model that elevates practice beyond whatever current confines reduce the human condition. And you have universal surveillance so that nonsense like human development can be kept under wraps.

The current panotpicons-by-proxy are not universal surveillance. That comes when something or someone successfully automates whichever database tools come next.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 02:50:35 PM »
No matter how well automated it is, someone's going to be stuck watching hours and days (and then weeks and months) of utterly boring and irrelevant material in the hopes of seeing something interesting.

Despite my efforts to lead an exceptionally entertaining life, I pity anyone who might ever be assigned to check out everything I do.  I can barely imagine how boring it would be to check up on someone who had an ordinary office or factory job and went home to fall asleep in front of the TV every evening. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 12:36:14 AM »
AI, my friend. AI. It won't be people looking over the databases, it'll be the algorithms.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 07:02:38 PM »
I suppose it's time to end the charade.  Everyone here, everyone in your hometown, and everyone you've ever met in China are all in on it.  Your every move is being monitored by the pigeons.  It all began when you were a young child and threw a rock that injured a bird that was well connected.

It's not paranoia.  The pigeons have been out to get you for a very long time. uuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 01:30:30 AM »
Pigeons are so polarizing exactly because their hatred for us is so pure. They watch, and they laugh.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 03:29:57 PM »
Rock star moments are fun, most of the time.

Imagine a small group of primary schoolers wanting to take a look at you.

Imagine this group keeps growing.  The number gets above 50.  You are completely surrounded by a wall of children.

Several shove papers and pens at you.  You figure out this is for an autograph.

Sign one autograph and the rate of growth of the crowd goes exponential.

There are well over 100 of them (more are joining every moment) and all you can see is pieces of paper and pens being shoved in front of your face.

aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao

Just when I was sure I was doomed, a hand reached in and I was dragged away.  A lovely teacher had stepped in to rescue me.  I was secured in an office until the crowd thinned enough for me to get to an escape car.  I spent 20 minutes with some students at a nearby high school before coming back.  By then, the teachers had managed to get all the primary schoolers back in their classrooms.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2019, 09:12:53 PM »
Sounds like you have been busy agagagagag EL! bjbjbjbjbj I'll forgive you forgetting my Birthday on 14th. No one else noticed either. kkkkkkkkkk

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 04:03:49 PM »
Oh my!  VERY VERY SORRY about missing that.  The FengHuang trip kept me so busy.  bibibibibi bibibibibi bibibibibi
Will ritual suicide with a sword be an adequate apology, or do I have to spend a day wearing a hornet nest as a hat?
Or would you prefer some more personal form of punishment?  cbcbcbcbcb
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2019, 12:42:33 PM »
A more personal form of punishment thanks EL! afafafafaf  ahahahahah I knew that you had to have been busy. agagagagag

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 03:16:44 PM »
Yaaay!  I definitely need to be personally punished.  cbcbcbcbcb
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2019, 09:14:49 PM »
I mentioned that I liked ostrich meat to some of my friends in my charity group.

The next thing I know, I'm on my way to Shenzhen.  One of them knew about an ostrich restaurant there.

The good news - The ostrich meat balls and other dishes were great, and it tales less than one egg to make a large amount of steamed egg.

The bad news - No ostrich burgers or steaks.  I'm hoping my lovely wife can find a source.
EscapedLunatic.com