• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: From Green to Red  (Read 6493 times)

AMonk

• Global Moderator
Re: From Green to Red
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2019, 05:11:19 AM »
 bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

Granny Mae

• Barfly
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2019, 09:56:18 PM »
Congratulations EL! bjbjbjbjbj agagagagag You are a very patient man indeed.  bfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbf

Escaped Lunatic

• Global Moderator
  • Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2019, 12:51:13 AM »
Foreigner Control moved the desks for res permits, green card applications, and marriage proposals to China downstairs.  My case officer wasn't at his desk.  Turns out he got stuck for the day on the desk that hands out appointment numbers.  We went and collected him, since the request from Guangzhou was at his regular desk.

The paperwork and photos have been turned in.  My Chinese signature came out a little larger than intended on the first copy, so I had to put my English signature above it.  The second copy worked out better, with my English signature on the same line after my Chinese signature.

As we were leaving, another officer was asking him if my application had any chance of getting approved.  He pointed out that I met all the requirements, had passed all the screening in DG, and that Guangzhou only wanted more paperwork and photos.  He seemed to think my chances for approval were very good. agagagagag

Now I have to wait another 6 months (possibly more).  If it's 6 months, the timing isn't bad.  I want to attend a seminar in the US in April 2020 and need a passport to travel.  Once I'm approved, I have to start the process to renounce my US citizenship before getting my Chinese ID, and that's going to leave me without a valid passport for at least a few months.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com