• 51 replies

AMonk

Re: From Green to Red
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2019, 07:11:19 PM »
 bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 11:56:18 AM »
Congratulations EL! bjbjbjbjbj agagagagag You are a very patient man indeed.  bfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbf

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2019, 02:51:13 PM »
Foreigner Control moved the desks for res permits, green card applications, and marriage proposals to China downstairs.  My case officer wasn't at his desk.  Turns out he got stuck for the day on the desk that hands out appointment numbers.  We went and collected him, since the request from Guangzhou was at his regular desk.

The paperwork and photos have been turned in.  My Chinese signature came out a little larger than intended on the first copy, so I had to put my English signature above it.  The second copy worked out better, with my English signature on the same line after my Chinese signature.

As we were leaving, another officer was asking him if my application had any chance of getting approved.  He pointed out that I met all the requirements, had passed all the screening in DG, and that Guangzhou only wanted more paperwork and photos.  He seemed to think my chances for approval were very good. agagagagag

Now I have to wait another 6 months (possibly more).  If it's 6 months, the timing isn't bad.  I want to attend a seminar in the US in April 2020 and need a passport to travel.  Once I'm approved, I have to start the process to renounce my US citizenship before getting my Chinese ID, and that's going to leave me without a valid passport for at least a few months.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2020, 05:55:13 PM »
February 25, 2010.  I arrived in HK on a one-way ticket from the USA.  It was very late, so I stayed overnight in a hotel.

February 26, 2010, ten years ago today.  I crossed over to mainland China.  Not for an 8 month contract like in 2006.  Not on a tourist visa like I did on 2 trips in 2009.  This time was different.

I came to China with one intention.  I was coming to China to stay forever.  China became my home that day.

btbtbtbtbt agagagagag btbtbtbtbt agagagagag btbtbtbtbt  vvvvvvvvvv btbtbtbtbt agagagagag btbtbtbtbt agagagagag btbtbtbtbt

Since then, I got married (a beautiful daughter was included as a bonus ajajajajaj), got a cat (to supervise me while I work), got a Chinese green card, and rescued a kitten (who now helps my cat supervise me).  All I need now is for my citizenship application to be approved.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 06:00:26 PM by Escaped Lunatic »
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2020, 10:46:25 PM »
 cecececece Happy Anniversary  agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2020, 01:02:29 PM »
All the best with your application EL. agagagagag bjbjbjbjbj

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2020, 03:31:25 PM »
Since the restaurants are closed, my lovely wife and I had a celebration dinner on the roof.  It would have been romantic, but the mosquitoes decided to crash the party.
EscapedLunatic.com