Ear Buds

• 31 replies

SpV

Re: Ear Buds
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 07:33:08 PM »
I picked up spme Dr Dre Monster Buds for 250 RMB from a shop in downtown Yangzhou. Despite almost certainly being fake the sound quality is really, really good. I imagine a real pair would be bloody amazing.

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »
I discovered, much to my chagrin, that the ear-phones that come with an iPod suck when it comes to exercise. They are not very sweat resistant and this causes severe sound problems. Are there anyone here who can recommend some good, exercise-worthy ear-phones?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 07:36:05 PM »
Of course it depends how much you want to spend. I use an older version of these Sennheiser ones and find them great for the gym and bike rides, I use others for daily life but all are a little pricey. My father lost his hearing and so I'm a little paranoid when it comes to earbuds. Since I'm constantly using earbuds I try to pick up higher quality ones.

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 12:23:10 AM »
Those Sennheiser looks awesome. Are these available all over China or is there a specific store to go to?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 12:43:42 AM »
They are a popular brand. There would be several headphone shops in the computer/electronic city areas that will carry them I would guess. There easily available in Changsha and Hangzhou is bigger, richer.

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 11:28:26 PM »
they look very nice. will have to look into these here in Dublin. 'spensive though eh?  aoaoaoaoao

that said, I like the sound of the Kevlar cord, as that is usually the reason my headphones die.

do you ever worry about having such excellent earphones when you're riding your bike, in that it's not safe to have the environmental sound blocked out?
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »
I rarely ride my bike with music blasting in my ears, whether in China or at home, mostly because I have a low opinion of the average motorist. I don't trust them to see me, so I better be able to hear them. In China, I use them when walking along canals and such, nver on normal streets, due to the e-bikes...but Stil was right...I got some Sennheiser the other day and they are brillant agagagagag agagagagag

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 07:00:46 PM »

do you ever worry about having such excellent earphones when you're riding your bike, in that it's not safe to have the environmental sound blocked out?

I use different ear/headphones depending what I'm doing but with the better earphones, you don't need the sound up very loud because it's more clear and crisp.

For riding a bike or running I use the Sennheiser ones that are on the left. They sit in the ear and sound very good but don't block out the surrounding sound too much.

For walking around and on the bus, I use the Kliptsch ear canal phones on the right. Great sound and blocks out pretty much everything. iPod controls and a very good microphone. I use Siri on my iPhone quite a bit to make calls, texts and to change what I'm listening to.

I use some Denon over the ear cans in the house if I'm trying not to disturb someone else there.

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 01:40:12 AM »
thanks Stil

I'll do some more research and see what I can find
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »
I discovered, much to my chagrin, that the ear-phones that come with an iPod suck when it comes to exercise. They are not very sweat resistant and this causes severe sound problems. Are there anyone here who can recommend some good, exercise-worthy ear-phones?

I have some Philips ear buds with rubber water (sweat) protection covers on them and find them great. . Comfortable, good sound and durable. I found them in a supermarket, it may have been Walmart but don't remember now.

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 01:05:27 AM »
finally splashed out on a nice pair of jogging earbuds -

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/cx-680-sports

cost me 50 euro reduced from 60 (think there is a newer model)

v. good sound + environmental noise is virtually zero

comfy fit with rubber fins

kevlar cords so should last

2 year warranty - if they last 2 years I will consider them v good value
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 01:37:45 AM »

Those look awesome ! I don't suppose you found them in any shop here..?  I need to replace mine, I carelessly pulled them out of a bag and now only one side works, I must have pulled a wire out of the speaker.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 01:56:35 AM »

I need to replace mine, I carelessly pulled them out of a bag and now only one side works, I must have pulled a wire out of the speaker.

If that's all it is, try and get them fixed first. This is China. Labour cost are nothing. You don't throw the toaster away and buy a new one.

You get it fixed.

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 02:02:23 AM »

Those look awesome ! I don't suppose you found them in any shop here..?  I need to replace mine, I carelessly pulled them out of a bag and now only one side works, I must have pulled a wire out of the speaker.

I'm sure you can get them in China no problem - I bought them in Ireland because with weak euro and me earning in RMB, made sense
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 02:36:52 AM »

I need to replace mine, I carelessly pulled them out of a bag and now only one side works, I must have pulled a wire out of the speaker.

If that's all it is, try and get them fixed first. This is China. Labour cost are nothing. You don't throw the toaster away and buy a new one.

You get it fixed.

You know what? I never even thought of getting them fixed and I don't know why but it makes sense. The thing is though I'm terminally lazy and hate hassle. I like to think now that I'll go to the trouble of finding someone to fix them but when the time comes I'll probably just go the easy way and buy a new set but still keep the old ones for when I get around to having them fixed.