Recommended sites for teaching in china?

• 5 replies

moon over parma

Recommended sites for teaching in china?
« on: June 03, 2007, 04:52:43 AM »
This is a thread that was mysteriously removed from Dave's ESL Cafe. I never received a straight answer as to why. Regardless of that, what I'm looking for are links to sites about teaching in China that people found useful. This includes sites about procuring work, and sites about the classroom experiences of TEFL teachers in China. Google's great for hitting the big sites, but I've often found out about cool sites via word of mouth. So here I am, ready for whatever anyone is willing to share. Thanks in advance.

AMonk

Re: Recommended sites for teaching in china?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:38:32 AM »
Hey Moon!  Everyone here has an opinion on just where you could/should teach.  The best advice is to decide on what you want, and then job hunt in those areas.  Meantime, have you checked out our "Da Links" room (Just above "Da Library")?  There are some fantastice links already in there....although I know that you'll get ton and a half of suggestions from the in-PRC crew.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:45:58 AM »
I'll second that AM. Da Links is a great place to start Moon. Pop in there, it's a little gold mine.  bfbfbfbfbf
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 12:56:05 PM »
Aw, thanks, guys. I get all...misty when I see people actually using the Links page...  ananananan

Why was this thread Mysteriously Blocked from The Greasy Spoon?
Dave's ESL Cafe doesn't acknowledge the existence of other EFL websites. Nor will they allow you to do so. They certainly can't have you starting a whole thread about them!

Part of this is understandable. Chez Fasciste, like them or not, is something of a major crossroads. I have no doubt that all sorts of creatures try to leech onto them.

Part of it is just nuts. The Spoon has never seemed to like the idea that people had other places to go. They want you locked into them, their space, and their paying advertisers. Alternatives are not even to be mentioned.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 02:12:02 PM »
There is a thread by 'Itslateagain' about this subject in the Bar - on topic thread.  Several suggestions were made.  Also he asked about places to search for jobs - so check out his posts.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

moon over parma

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 06:17:15 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions!