This week's avatar: alternate headings

• 2187 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: This week's avatar: alternate headings
« Reply #1290 on: October 25, 2011, 07:36:17 PM »
Vee haf vays of making you talk!
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1291 on: October 25, 2011, 09:16:42 PM »
Not too sure on the story, but these are apparently real wedding photos. aoaoaoaoao

See more at http://www.chinahush.com/2011/09/13/wedding-photos-in-nazi-uniform-criticized-by-netizens/
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1292 on: October 25, 2011, 09:45:58 PM »
So his explains the stormtroopers I saw during my wedding photo shoot in the bamboo grove next to the lake.  And to think all this time I thought I must have been hallucinating.  zzzzzzzzzz iiiiiiiiii
EscapedLunatic.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1293 on: October 26, 2011, 01:26:05 AM »
just wondering if it's a good idea to have some prick dressed in the uniform of one of the most evil types of soldiers of the past century as the front page image for this forum

to be honest I don't think it's funny....

« Reply #1294 on: October 26, 2011, 10:46:09 AM »
kitano, I understand what you are saying. Who knows what motivates someone to dress like this on such a special day. bibibibibi At the link Raoul gave us, I see that most people did not like the guy wearing that uniform. One thing it did though, was to remind us what happened. Let us never forget!

randyjac

• 老骥伏枥
« Reply #1295 on: October 26, 2011, 12:49:16 PM »
It worked for the characters in "The Producers". Maybe some are too young to remember the 1968 film, but it was remade within the last few years, I think.

« Reply #1296 on: October 26, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
Well, I see the fun part but if I were a newbie who had just clicked on a link to the Saloon, all I would see would be the swastika and click away. That is indeed one if the most tasteless wedding pictures I have ever seen.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1297 on: October 26, 2011, 02:24:18 PM »
That is indeed one if the most tasteless wedding pictures I have ever seen.

Why oh why didn't someone tell me that there was a contest for most tasteless Chinese wedding photos?  I could have tried so much harder. ananananan ananananan ananananan
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1298 on: October 26, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »
EL:
Why oh why didn't someone tell me that there was a contest for most tasteless Chinese wedding photos?  I could have tried so much harder.

Seems to be the norm, don't it?
I thought the wedding photos of my wife and I riding the kiddie train were pretty juvenile too, but I went along with it because it was camp. This however I would have passed on.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1299 on: October 26, 2011, 11:24:14 PM »
EL:
Why oh why didn't someone tell me that there was a contest for most tasteless Chinese wedding photos?  I could have tried so much harder.

Seems to be the norm, don't it?
I thought the wedding photos of my wife and I riding the kiddie train were pretty juvenile too, but I went along with it because it was camp. This however I would have passed on.

I'm sure if we tried really hard, we could have come up with something even more tasteless. agagagagag
EscapedLunatic.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1300 on: October 27, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »
I wonder if they'd let you dress as Hirohito and his wife?

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1301 on: October 27, 2011, 05:38:45 AM »
If the couple were Korean, they'd be having the reception at the local, 'Nazi Bar'.

My Korean middle school students (boys) would pull threads out of their school uniform jackets to 'make' swastika patterns on the back. The K teachers saw nothing wrong with it.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1302 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:51 PM »
If the couple were Korean, they'd be having the reception at the local, 'Nazi Bar'.

My Korean middle school students (boys) would pull threads out of their school uniform jackets to 'make' swastika patterns on the back. The K teachers saw nothing wrong with it.

To be fair to the Korean teachers; swastikas are a lot older than Nazi Germany. They are a symbol of good luck in India. i see them carved into school desks here sometimes. The teachers (and students) don't have a western sensibility toward the symbol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Of course the guy in the photo in wearing a Nazi uniform.

To be fair to you. I have no idea what a Nazi bar in Korea is.

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1303 on: October 27, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »

To be fair to the Korean teachers; swastikas are a lot older than Nazi Germany. They are a symbol of good luck in India. i see them carved into school desks here sometimes. The teachers (and students) don't have a western sensibility toward the symbol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Of course the guy in the photo in wearing a Nazi uniform.

To be fair to you. I have no idea what a Nazi bar in Korea is.

The Buddhist swastika faces the opposite way to the Nazi swastika (they're in no way related).

There are several 'Nazi Bars' in the big cities in Korea.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1304 on: October 27, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »

It might be worth reminding our Korean and Chinese friends exactly who was allied with the Japanese during The Anti-Japanese War.

And, back to possible captions for this one:

Just wait until tonight darling and I'll show you how Blitzkrieg works.

Next time I'll play Himmler.  Do they have that dress in my size?

Today a hot cosplay girl.  Tomorrow, the world!

EscapedLunatic.com