• 460 replies
Re: Tv
« Reply #435 on: March 10, 2019, 03:09:21 PM »
Misaeng (2014)

when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2019, 06:35:14 PM »
Dollhouse (2009)

Holds up surprisingly well. And the Epitaph episodes are set in 2019. Boom.

« Reply #437 on: April 16, 2019, 02:55:40 PM »
Game of Thrones - Season 8

Eh.

Having ventured further along the timeline than the books, each character has grown noticeably dumber, both figuratively and literally. Every character speaks less, says less, and I think probably means less with what they do say. I mean...

Sansa: What do dragons even eat?
Daenerys: (long beat)
Daenerys: ... whatever they want.

Pffft.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #438 on: April 22, 2019, 08:44:42 PM »
Star Trek Discovery  Season 1.

Michelle Yeoh (who is already one of my fav actresses akakakakak) as captain of a star ship.  Oh Captain! My Captain! akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak

Oh, and there are some other characters too. ahahahahah

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2019, 11:57:25 PM »
Barry - Season 2

"Barry" is funny is season 1, maybe a fraction twee overemphasizing the innocent abroad effect, but with season 2 they've pulled out some stops and started batting around some Mr Robot style surreality, episode 5 in particular. Worth it.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #440 on: May 06, 2019, 04:10:06 PM »
I finally decided to check out Dexter.  I'm currently almost done with season 4.

Comedy, extra dark. agagagagag
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2019, 09:04:53 PM »
Whoops, Game of Thrones went and ended. For some reason I thought season eight had seven episodes. But no, it was six, and last night was the last one.

This week and last week, I think, were less boring than everything else in season eight but mostly just because the book spoilers were new and somewhat unexpected. So I find myself looking forward to the books now. Which is annoying because, by jingo, if those books ever do get published it sure won't be soon...

I've contemplated starting the book series again. But I don't honestly think I can face it. Even the fact there are two books still to go and the trail is eight years cold....

awawawawaw

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #442 on: May 23, 2019, 07:20:42 PM »
Got all the way through Season 6 of Dexter before running out of disks.  I still need Seasons 7 and 8 (or a multi-region blue-ray player for the disks I picked up in the US).

Dexter has many of the same "good things that turned out bad" and "bad things that turned out good" type of plot twists than made Breaking Bad so fun to watch.  I haven't looked up who the writers are, but I suspect that there may be some overlaps.
EscapedLunatic.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #443 on: May 24, 2019, 08:43:34 PM »
i did re-read the books before this season started. was lots of fun!
It was also a reminder that many characters never made it to the series and a few changed a lot.
Heck Jon hasn't met Danny yet in the books and neither is aware of the other's presence

Lots of negative feedback on this final season but i have enjoyed it.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #444 on: May 26, 2019, 07:09:12 PM »
Speaking of the books, seems like GRRM has sort of claimed Winds of Winter will be - finished? - "in hand" is what he says - some time next year. Worldcon 2020 happens July/August, so...

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/21/thanks-new-zealand/

Phew, ugly blog, yo.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #445 on: May 27, 2019, 08:35:22 PM »
The Walking Dead, Season 9.  You would think the next new villain would be some variant of the previous ones.  Think again.  This season introduces (and hopefully keeps for next season - not sure yet, I've got a few episodes left) the a new villain that makes even me wonder how deeply deranged the writers are.  I'd rather go to dinner in Terminus and spend an evening playing baseball with Negan than have to deal with this nightmare.
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #446 on: May 28, 2019, 02:59:42 PM »
Season 9 is over.  My new favorite villain is even more villainous than thought and will be around for Season 10.  agagagagag
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #447 on: August 05, 2019, 03:20:42 PM »
The Expanse - When I saw the title, I was worried it was a show about my waistline. ahahahahah

Reasonably well written and adequately acted.  Most of the special effect work fairly well, which puts is above a lot of Sci Fi.

Seasons 1-3 have a running plotline with lots of twists and turns along the way.  I thought Season 3 would be the end, but Season 4 appears to be in production.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #448 on: August 19, 2019, 02:17:28 PM »
Better Than Us - Лучше, чем люди - (2019)

In non-Soviet Russia, all appliances obey Asimov's Three laws of Robotics, except for that one robot who doesn't.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #449 on: August 19, 2019, 06:05:17 PM »
Better Than Us - Лучше, чем люди - (2019)

In non-Soviet Russia, all appliances obey Asimov's Three laws of Robotics, except for that one robot who doesn't.

Dammit!  The oven refuses to bake this cake.  It says that the cake is unhealthy and it cannot allow any risk we'll be harmed by eating it.

The exercise bicycle keeps following me around the house demanding I spend at least an hour working out on it.

The 3 laws are more than scary enough even if all the appliances and robots follow them.

EscapedLunatic.com