Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #1575 on: July 17, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »
I'm am currently downloading what could be the greatest movie ever made Sharknado.

A freak hurricane hits Los Angeles, causing man-eating sharks to be scooped up in tornadoes and flooding the city with shark-infested seawater.

Staring 90210's Ian Ziering and also Tara Reid.

Ziering's character is named ........ wait for it ........ Fin.

I'm very excited.

« Reply #1576 on: July 17, 2013, 05:54:28 AM »
Werner Herzog narrates Dinotasia = an hour and a bit of being emotionally manipulated to the point where  wwwwwwwwww the 'last chapter' involves you falling hopelessly in love with an under'dog' tyrannosaurus rex and his subsequent family only to watch them all DIE in the horrible end we all knew was coming when we sat down to watch this damn thing.

CURSE you, Werner Herzog.  CURSE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! 
asasasasas 
amamamamam
"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1577 on: July 17, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
Sharknado was everything I expected it to be. Incredible.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #1578 on: July 17, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
Sharknado was everything I expected it to be. Incredible.

I saw the trailer and couldn't decide if it was gonna be one of the best things of the year or the worst way to spend 90mn ever....  still don't know..
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1579 on: July 17, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »

I saw the trailer and couldn't decide if it was gonna be one of the best things of the year or the worst way to spend 90mn ever....  still don't know..

That was the beauty of Sharknado. You didn't have to decide. It was both!

« Reply #1580 on: July 17, 2013, 11:56:22 PM »
World War Z. (cam copy)

Epic. (Not counting the last 20 minutes.)

Shall watch again. (And boo the last twenty minutes)

Has nothing to do with the book.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1581 on: July 18, 2013, 12:31:52 AM »
Man of Steel

Better than expected, no Sharknado but pretty good.

« Reply #1582 on: July 19, 2013, 10:55:34 PM »
White House Down
Olympus Has Fallen

Both more or less the same movie - terrorists take the White House, dude who was or wants to be Secret Service is trapped inside as well, plus something about his kid. Large body counts ensue, much gunplay and violent fisticuffs included. WHD is the more tolerable for being rambunctious. Suitable for 10-13-year-old boys. I did watch them both through to the ends though, so there's that as well.

« Reply #1583 on: July 20, 2013, 04:05:51 AM »
Saw Pacific Rim last week and it made the inner mecha fanboy in me squee in pure, unadulterated delight. The dialogue is cheesy but the action, ah, the action. I hope the movie makes loads of mmoney because I don't think Guillermo Del Toro gets the credit he deserves.

In any cause, Pacific Rim was certainly not another Transformers (eek).

« Reply #1584 on: July 20, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »
"The Look Of Love" is based on the outrageously true story of Paul Raymond, who once held the title of the Richest Man in Britain. His journey to success began in 1958 when he opened a groundbreaking gentlemen's nightclub that was so hot that very few men could resist. His empire included a men's magazine, nude theatre production and millions in real estate. His personal life was as scandalous as his shows. I liked that it was based on a true story but I think it "curled" my neighbour's hair with the amount of "boobs,bums and pubic hair" on display.

"This Is The End" stars Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, James Franco and other celebrities who are faced with the apocalypse. There was a lot of truth underneath it all. What stood out to me, was how weak and stupid certain humans are. I am not a prude, but I didn't think it necessary to place so much emphasis on male genitalia. We even had to see the shadow of a monster with an erection. kkkkkkkkkk  Again, my neighbour doesn't have to go and get her hair permed. ahahahahah

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #1585 on: July 20, 2013, 06:47:11 PM »
The Lone Ranger was as good as it possibly could have been...which isn't saying a lot. The characterizations of the two main characters were refreshing and it was ultimately a diverting piece of flush. Be sure to check out the version Funshion...which has some HILARIOUS Chinglish subtitles.

« Reply #1586 on: July 21, 2013, 02:30:36 AM »
Not exactly movies, but I have been watching the British TV show "Horrible Histories"...it's hilarious.... agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #1587 on: July 21, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
... but have your read the books?!?  I used some of them as the textbooks for my (middle school) students a couple of years ago. bfbfbfbfbf
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #1588 on: July 22, 2013, 11:44:16 PM »
Watching a lot of Doctor Who, actually. I decided to revisit my huge crush on Rose Tyler (she's great) and was planning to watch only a few eps. But, ended up watching all the Ninth and Tenth Doctor seasons. Presently cherry picking Eleventh Doctor episodes. Not a fan of the new title sequence, looks like an angry colon from the inside.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1589 on: July 23, 2013, 12:25:50 AM »
I just saw Watchmen. I'm not sure what it is about Zach Snyder, his films are all really beautiful and there isn't anything obvious wrong with his films, I can just never follow the plot or get involved in what is going on