FEC

• 1 replies

eggcluck

• Still standing
FEC
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »
I have been browsing around and most for an application require an FEC.

Though I have the problem that my current employer refuses to give me the FEC as they say it is theirs and I cant have it. Do I really need to have an FEC 1 year expired or not?
Still standing

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
Re: FEC
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 12:48:41 AM »
A few months ago the HR department in my company sent out this memo to all teachers concerning the FEC.  I sanatized it by removing the name of my company, but I think the info is probably pertinent to all of us.

As some of you may know, there have recently been enquiries about why teachers are not in possession of their Foreign Expert Certificates.  To give you some background, there have been cases in the past where teachers held their own certificates, and they expired without XXXXXXX knowing.  This cost the teacher in question an additional 5000RMB to re-initiate the certificate.  There have also been cases where a teacher left and took their certificate, or lost it, and when the Foreign Expert Bureau did their annual inspection, XXXXXXX was not able to produce all the certificates.  This causes embarrassment and lack of trust with the Foreign Expert Bureau.  We could also be penalized financially.  Another concern is that each certificate is issued by a provincial bureau, and must be returned to that bureau for cancellation.  When teachers change locations, one certificate is cancelled and another must be issued.  The coordination of this is very delicate and should be done with caution and care, to avoid difficulty for teachers or schools.

We are, however, happy to provide each of you with your certificate, under the following conditions:
* You agree to return the certificate at the end of your time with XXXXXX.
* You agree that if you do not return the certificate, XXXX will not reimburse you for the medical check and certificate application fee.
* You take responsibility for ensuring your certificate remains valid, and contact XXXXXX at least one month prior to the expiration date.

If you would like us to send you the certificate, please email me your confirmation to abide by the above listed conditions, and we will ensure you get your certificate right away.  If we don't hear from you, we will assume that you would rather XXXXXXX hold your certificate, and will continue to do so.

I asked for and got a scanned digital copy of my current FEC for my records which I'll submit with any future employment packages.  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:58:13 PM by CaseyOrourke »