Where Can You Buy a Playstation?

• 4 replies

babala

Where Can You Buy a Playstation?
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:53:54 PM »
Okay I'm not some crazed video game freak but I would like to know where in China one can purchase a Playstation. I haven't seen any for sale. Can you get them here?
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
Re: Where Can You Buy a Playstation?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 12:20:45 AM »
 I got mine at an electronics market where I buy my DVDS.Haven't seen the PS3 there yet but I did see some for sale in Bejing.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 01:00:27 AM »
Any Large cities Electronic Markets will have them.

I saw PS3s in Changsha last week. Looked like they had a lot of accesories as well. I don't play computer games, so can't tell you much.

babala

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 01:21:18 AM »
Any idea how much a PS2 would cost?
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

Monkey King

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 02:18:13 AM »
Dear not crazed video game freak,

As you may know, PS2 has recently been released in a new 'mini' compact size which if my memory serves me correctly will only set you back a couple of thousand (RMB) in the PRC - relatively cheap - Consoles can be damn expensive here, the games however are not, if you know what I mean.

I find that shops that sell consoles (as opposed to PCs etc) tend to congregate in one small part of town - we have three or four on one particular street which I found by accident here in Ningbo , and none anywhere else in the city (as far as I know).  Most Chinese games players go the PC WOW route, so you may have to do some detective work to sniff out the console stores in your town, but they are around!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 02:20:03 AM by MK »

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 07:35:33 AM »
With the PS3 out now you can get a PS2 reasonably cheap.On average they have been going for around 1000 here but I managed to get mine for 800.Now I'm willing to bet you can get them cheaper.Don't wait too long though because pretty soon you won't be able to buy games for them.I'd use all your bargaining skills to get one for 700 and load up on games before the new Playstation renders them obeslete.Games are only 3 kuai each which makes the machine a pretty worthwhile investment.A PS3 right now will probably set you back almost a onths salary.