Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Saloon Crashed & Burned this weekend.
« on: March 28, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »
 ananananan ananananan ananananan

hiya folks.

While I was away resting my old bones in some hot springs, there was a major emergency with the saloon.
On Saturday morning China time, a faulty switch in the datacenter caused a minor fire that damaged our particular server.
Afterwards, when the situation was under control, the datacenter ran their thorough system and hardware check, at which time it was discovered that the hard drive on our particular machine was faulty and failing (bad sectors).

That hard drive was apparently the cause of the mini problems we've experienced every so often since we moved hosts a few months back and we had a giant crash awaiting us sooner or later.

emergency procedures to replace it and restore the content then took place starting sunday morning China time and barely finished today.

Following the true and tried principle of murphy's law, we were also hacked in the meantime during that restoration process  ananananan ananananan ananananan  llllllllll llllllllll

I made the call to go back to a backup that i had made friday night I knew was  safe...

The bumpy ride should be over i hope but I'm still expecting a few stressful days on this. If the situation does not improve by end of April, I'm afraid I'll have to move this baby to another server yet again.

mucho gracias para your patience... now who's buying me i stiff drink?
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Saloon Crashed & Burned this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
Just grab a bottle, bro. Thank you... bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:22:32 PM »
I was going nuts, I thought I did something to my computer. Glad to see you're on the ball - AGAIN. When I see you, a round on me   agagagagag
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

jpd01

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 07:51:07 PM »
ahh I see, that's why that really long topic I posted the other day has disappeared...sigh
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »
I deny any connection between this incident, any earthquake aftershocks, and my birthday celebrations on Saturday.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 11:16:52 PM »

Nolefan
:respect:

akakakakak agagagagag bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 12:57:23 AM »
Yikes! Thanks for getting the Saloon back on track Noles, I was in withdrawl!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 03:28:06 AM »
Yes Noles.  AMonk said it best of all  agagagagag agagagagag

You are the greatest

:respect:
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
Oy vey! What a mess!  bibibibibi

Thanks-a-bunch, Noles!  bfbfbfbfbf

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »
Hey all,
it seems we still have some unresolved issues from The Great Server Debacle. Two members I know of, and possibly more, were lost somehow in the process. The two members are azdave and mkate.

We're aware of the problem, 'Noles is looking into it, and I'm in touch with both of them via e-mail.

No worries...they'll be back. bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »
I am simply tingling with delight to report that azdave and mkate are both back with us. Their older posts will probably still show as "Guest" posts, but they've both re-registered and at their barstools as they should be. agagagagag

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »
Howdy,

Thanks for letting me back in the Saloon! Just in time for my first trip to China (next week). Glad to be back!  agagagagag

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »
Not an auspicious debut, but just in time for your Magical Mystery Tour
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

fox

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 12:30:32 AM »
Not an auspicious debut, but just in time for your Magical Mystery Tour

your avatar, i have just noticed is a sweaty mass of people intent on activities that guarantee the furtherence of the population. my peepers arent what they used to be i thought it was just an active brain.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.