Playoffs Part II - Hockey, Baby, Hockey!

• 91 replies
Re: Playoffs Part II - Hockey, Baby, Hockey!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 02:45:48 AM »
Regardless of the other two series, it'll be Pittsburgh-Ottawa. I didn't think the Sens had the jam (to quote a late dinner guest) to beat Montreal. Overall Ottawa is a very good team decimated by injuries. That's why they fell to seventh in the East. They also have the talent to skate with the Penguins. If both teams play up to potential, this will be shinny (fast-paced, not too physical, high scoring, usually entertaining) The goalies will suffer from shell shock

LA-St Louis: I knew it was going to be classic playoff hockey; hard hits, low scoring, great series. It should standout for years as true indication of what hockey is about. I wish I was able to watch more of that series
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 03:52:55 AM »
Ottawa is a good team that has had more than its share of injury problems, but they've overachieved despite the injuries. Now they have Karlson back, and that is one good defenceman. yeah, Ottawa-Penguins would be a good, free-wheeling series. Just wave the chequered flag.
Have to agree with your analysis of Kings-Blues. A shame to see either of these teams eliminated in the first round, but there you have it. Quick seems to be finding his playoff form. The next Brodeur?
Got to admit I was stunned by the canuckleheads' collapse. I said they were brittle, I didn't think they'd implode like that. Is there anyone who sees this as a series win by the sharks, as evidence the sharks have learned how to go for the htroat and finish off an opponent? Me neither.
Ducks-wings, going to 7. Never count out the wings. Like Lombardi's Packers, they don't lose, they just run out of time.
Capitals-Rangers: in a way, the opposite of kings-blues. Maybe both teams deserve to choke, or maybe I'm reading too much into recent history. I still like Ovie.
leafs-bruins: I called for boston in 6, but right now that series is too close to call. Yes, the Bs could do it next game (and make it in 6), but the flow of the series; or rather, the stop and start and there and back again of this series has demonstrated two things. First, Toronto mayhave mostly the same players as last year, but it is certainly not the same team. They are competitors, they are young, and they are getting stronger. Second, Boston may have many of the same players who drank from the cup 2 years ago, they may have added a few promising new faces (Seguin, Hamilton) but they are looking over their shoulders. If toronto can do this to them, what might another team do?

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaame 6 - in T'rana: the puck has dropped!

Our buddy is here to cheer for his B's, the mister is holding his Leaf's heart in his hand, and me ...? I'm wearing my new Habs sweater, because ...
Because love knows no season?  acacacacac
Also, it was delivered yesterday, and it's beeeea-uuuuuuu-ti-ful.

Early penalty for the Leaf's - delay of game...

I don't know.  The emotional whirlwind here - I believe I'm in for the Leaf's this morning.  Who doesn't want a game 7 in this series, eh?

YAH.

axaxaxaxax
"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

caley1313

• DH Allison, MBA, TESL
    • My Photo Gatherings
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
Pittsburgh in 4...perhaps the lad who had Vancouver in 7 has also picked Ottawa in 7 with this one. The Leafs should fall tonight; there will be a national day of mourning tomorrow in the land of the beaver; Moosehead Pale Ale sales will go up 10% in one day. Those are my predictions.
Carpe Diem, mi amigo, or...Seize the Big Fish as they say here in Carolina

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 04:19:50 PM »
The Leafs should fall tonight; there will be a national day of mourning tomorrow in the land of the beaver; Moosehead Pale Ale sales will go up 10% in one day. Those are my predictions.

Toronto 2 Boston 1

Predictions are real easy, aren't they. Didn't you pick Montreal over Ottawa too?

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 04:22:03 PM »
Moosehead Pale Ale sales will go up 10% in one day.

It's usually silly American tourists and ex Canadians who like Moosehead Piss Ale.

:alcoholic:

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »
Well Caley ... your predictions aren't worth the money you paid for them, I'll wager...  ayayayayay Discount shopping'll getcha ...

Game 7 - Leaf's Nation!  Game 7 is ON.

For those of us *watching* the game - that was some great puckery. Scoreless until the third ... a goal from Phaneuf - defenseman no less - making up for all that nonsense on the power play in recent days.  Then Kessel - way to earn your pay, Kessel.  Nice beard on ya.

agagagagag to Leaf's fans far and wide.  Tomorrow morning should be interesting!
"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 04:36:42 PM »
Awesome game. The hits count: 58-50!! What was Phaneuf doing that close to the net? Was he lost? Did he get vertigo from being so high up? I'm glad he scored or he would have been seriously out of position had the Bruins turned it up ice for a 3 on 1.

Now the Dead Things (Red Wings) are up 1-0 in the first. Love the whole Detroit Red Wings organization from top to bottom. They get it; provide product, be good to your customers and most important, win baby, just win. In the last 20 some odd years, I don't think any organization has been as good to their fans as them. Yankees are close, but second.

Toronto-Detroit final would have me go back home for that one.  bfbfbfbfbf
My luck, both will lose their game 7 in the first round   bibibibibi

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 07:31:17 PM »
Anaheim - Detroit: The Red Wings in 7 only because, because, because I like them more than the FDucks

Boston - Twrana: The Bruins are the much better team but they have been less than ordinary the past two weeks. So have the Leafs. Heart says the Boys in Blue, the wallet says Boston. ARRGH! Toronto, game 7, overtime, Khadri scores!

Let's see, who picked the Dead Things in 7 in an upset? Hmmm hmmhmm, oh yea, it was me! What a fabulous prognosticator is I,  I will now take a bow. Not too big thanks to the damn Rangers. How dare they win 3 games, my crystal ball didn't show me that channel.

I did say Leafs-Bruins would go 7. Now its a one game take all. Boston are 1 for 3 at home so far, not a good omen

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »
Is it over yet?  Who won?  Why is the trophy cup named after a brand of tools?  mmmmmmmmmm
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
Is it over yet?  Who won?  Why is the trophy cup named after a brand of tools?  mmmmmmmmmm

It's not the Makita (Makita Hand Tools) Cup. Even though Stan Makita played hockey and won it one year

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 03:23:45 PM »
Stan Makita or Stanley Makita? mmmmmmmmmm

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 03:32:02 PM »
3 minutes lads. Go Leafs!

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 03:34:59 PM »
Holy crap! Hang on boys.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 03:36:46 PM »
For F^@&$ sake.

Classic Leafs.