• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
Re: just yer regular China bullshit
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
Thank you for the chuckle.  ahahahahah

A-Train

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:27:40 PM »
On my trip here I got delayed in Shanghai for two days because of fog.  When they were informing everybody of the delays things got very sketchy all around the airport.  On the way out to a bus taking us to a hotel, the Chinese man in front of me exclaimed, "Here comes the military".  Sure enough, they were marching in and establishing a perimeter around the walls of the airport as a show of force.  The guy in front of me said this is somewhat common as things will get out of hand quickly when the Chinese are given bad news like delays.  An unruly bunch, aren't they?

Fly the friendly skies.....
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 12:49:42 AM »
for china eastern, anything less than a 4 hour delay is on time

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 05:17:10 AM »
Similar thing happened to me but on the eve of Chinese New Year.  Think it was China Southern.  However, we were given a free hot meal, and as we finally entered the airline, the staff were lined up and gave each passenger 500 RMB.  

BTW, I was quite vocal about demanding 'compensation' early on in the debacle.  The Chinese passengers picked up the que and wouldn't let it die.   bjbjbjbjbj

The passengers took turns storming the gate staff.  First the angry men, then the angry women.  I suggested that crying worked so, several women started crying in front of the staff.  That really upset the staff.  The police were actually called but they were calm and actually worked to calm some of the passengers.

Of course, since it was Chinese New Years eve, it was important everyone get back to Dalian before midnight.  

Once back in Dalian, there were almost NO taxis, so the passengers all took taxis  together and shared the ride.  I was impressed with Dalianren that evening.   bjbjbjbjbj agagagagag agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.